When A Stranger Calls (1979.)

Zagrijavanje za osamdesete
remike2

When A Stranger Calls (1979.)

Post by remike2 » 21 May 2010, 22:47

O filmu:
When a Stranger Calls is a 1979 horror-thriller film starring Carol Kane and Charles Durning, directed by Fred Walton. The film derives its story from the classic folk legend of "The Babysitter and the Man Upstairs". The original music score is composed by television composer Dana Kaproff. The film was voted no. 28 in Bravo's "The 100 Scariest Movie Moments", while the theme of a murderer telephoning his prey from inside their own homes has also been used by many other horror films, including Scream. While this particular story was entirely fictitious, there was a real-life incident, dramatized on TLC, in which a man broke into somebody's home and repeatedly telephoned their babysitter before tying a sock to the mouth of her young charge, a little boy. Unlike the film, police reacted immediately and the intruder was caught. It is followed by the 1993 made-for-television sequel When a Stranger Calls Back and was remade in 2006.

Glumačka postava:
Charles Durning
Carol Kane
Colleen Dewhurst
Tony Beckley
Rachel Roberts

Plot:
A young high school student, Jill Johnson is babysitting one night for a physician and his wife. During the evening, a mysterious phone caller begins taunting her. Sometimes he simply says nothing, other times he asks, 'Have you checked the children?'. Jill eventually becomes frightened for her safety and calls the police. The police successfully trace his next call and discover something horrifying - the calls are being made from INSIDE THE HOUSE! Police are immediately dispatched and Jill narrowly escapes into the arms of Lt. Clifford. Officers soon discover that the children had been savagely murdered hours ago by the caller, who had been using a phone the parents never had disconnected. 7 years later, the murderer escapes from a mental hospital and resumes his demented mission - this time going after Jill's husband, Steven - and their children. And Clifford - now a P.I. hired by the father of the murdered children - is also hunting the murderer...

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ZTGxj9i0o

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 22 May 2010, 10:43

Kažu da je ovo jedan od boljih slashera i uskoro ga gledam kad mi DVD dođe sa SecondSpina 8)
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

remike2

Re:

Post by remike2 » 22 May 2010, 10:56

dr_gonzo wrote:Kažu da je ovo jedan od boljih slashera i uskoro ga gledam kad mi DVD dođe sa SecondSpina 8)
Jeste, jedan od najboljih slashera koji je dosta utjecao na kasniji razvitak žanra, sam taj prikaz ubojice koji napada žrtvu preko telefona je korišteno kasnije u Screamu, a i čuo sam da prvih 20-tak minuta spadaju u jedne od najnapetijih i najstrašnijih ikad viđenih u nekom slasheru, itd... Nisam ga ni ja dosad pogledao, no definitivno hoću!
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Jane Doe

Re: When A Stranger Calls (1979.)

Post by Jane Doe » 10 May 2011, 16:07

jako dobro, jezivo i napeto. super mi je što njegov remake nije čista kopija ovog orginala, tako da (makar sam gledala remake) nije mi to umanjilo zadovoljstvo jer stvarno nisam znala što oćekivat dalje u filmu. jedino mi je malo monotona sredina fima, inaće, početak i kraj odlični
7/10

HorrorHR
Site Admin

Post by HorrorHR » 10 May 2011, 23:13

GreenHornet

Post by GreenHornet » 12 May 2011, 11:49

Prvih 20 minuta odlicno,ne sjecam se kad sam gledao film koji je u startu tako napet i dobar.Zatim,slijedi moja kriva procjena oko cega ce se radnja vrtiti,tako da nisam previse zadovoljan sredinom filma.Ocekivao sam
SpoilerShow
da ce poceti odma proganjati babysittericu
...Kao sto rekoh,ta sredina filma,igranja macke i misa po ulicama-dosadnjikavo.Zadnjih 15 minuta dosta dobro,ali predvidljivo,jbg-a,takav je tip filma.Sami lik glavnog aktera mi je savrseno napravljen.Okrutni i nemilosrdni ubojica
SpoilerShow
djece
je tako napravljen da ti ga je u nekim trenucima cak zao,bas je tuzan,nesretan i nevjerovatno "bolestan"...Takoder,odlicno odglumljeno.
6,7/10
Zaljubljen sam u Fräulein Unbekann!!!!!

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 13 May 2011, 15:45

Carol Kane je ovdje odlična, i cijeli film je prejeben...ali na žalost ovo nije slasher, pa iako je djelovao na slasher žanr sa svojim pozivima...
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

elrania

Post by elrania » 08 Aug 2012, 21:36

prvih 20-30 minuta je bilo odlično, napeto, jezivo te je uslijedio preokret koji je dosta usporio i ublažio film. ne mogu reć da mi nije bio pomalo spor, nezanimljv na momente nakon onakvog starta. dobro je ovo od početka do kraja, ali šteta zbog onakve uvertire "navlakuše".
jako sam zadovoljna kako su kurt i jill prikazani (kod kurta je lijepo izražena kombinacija očaja i oprečnog mu psihoticizma) i jako sam jako zadovoljna zdravim razumom koji je film ponudio što se postupaka nekih likova tilče. čini mi se ko da je u većini sličnog dosad odgledanog rađeno ono s najmanje smisla i najviše štete.

Victor Crowley

Post by Victor Crowley » 07 Jan 2014, 10:42

Jako dobar film. Kao što vidim svi spominju sam početak filma, prvih 20-25 min, pa da se ne ponavljam ali baš je napeto. Dobio sam od filma upravo ono što sam očekivao, napetost, atmosferu i odličnu glazbu. Od mene svakako preporuka.