The Lost Room

Sve vezano za serije i TV, a da nema veze sa horror žanrom.
HorrorHR
Site Admin

The Lost Room

Post by HorrorHR » 04 Jan 2007, 15:39

Neka serija koju bi se moglo pogledati. Review sa Horrorisnotdead.com:

The Sci-Fi Channel has got heart and I love ‘em for it, but their track record on original productions is pretty spotty. Which is why it brings me great, great joy to tell you, kind reader, that The Lost Room isn’t just worth your time, but it is the best thing the network has ever produced that isn’t called Battlerstar Galactica. It is strictly science fiction with no horror, but has such radiant imagination that I can’t resist writing about it here.

Peter Krause plays detective Joe Miller, a man who stumbles onto a case which introduces him to a motel room key. A key that can be slid into any lock on any door, opening said door into a motel room from the ’60s. Upon exiting the motel room, the key’s operator can choose where the door re-opens.
Miller soon discovers that the key is just one of at least a hundred objects from inside the motel room. Each object is indestructible and poses a, seemingly, unpredictable power. There is a comb that stops time, a pen which unleashes torrents of electricity, a knife that causes everyone in the room to fall asleep…and even a bus ticket which, when tapped on someone’s head, drops them out of the sky onto a stretch of rode outside Gallup, New Mexico.
Turns out that there are people all over the country who know about ‘the objects’ and are seeking them out in an attempt to reunite them, resulting in what they hope will be some kind of spiritual ascension. A lot of these people will do whatever it takes to get their hands on an object, which Miller quickly realizes after the man with the pen throws Miller’s daughter into the motel room and closes the door, resetting the room and, misplacing, the young girl indefinitely. Miller then becomes hell bent on tracking down the right people and right combination of objects that can bring his daughter back to him.

And that little set up is just the first third of the three part mini series. The subsequent episodes mix it all up even further, introducing more and more objects, their bizarre powers and the even more bizarre people who try to hold onto them. I’ll not go farther into the plot twists and turns, but know they are plentiful and fascinating, working together to weave a complex fantasy world where the banal is really the monumental.

The series’ creators do a remarkable job of constantly keeping the mystery fun and energetic. They assembled a great cast. Peter Krause is, as always, an effortlessly relateable screen presence and does carry the entire four and a half hours by himself, but supporting players like Peter Jacobson, Roger Bart, Julianna Margulies and even Kevin Pollak bring a good balance of helpers and villains to Krause’s altruistic quest.

The script is excellent. Granted that, save for the triumphant final scene in the motel room itself, the intensity of the conflict is never brought to breakneck pace, but it jogs at an intentionally delightful pace that gives ample time to appreciate all the nuance and endless discovery that went into what is one of the most creative sci-fi scripts ever seen on television.

I don’t know when "The Lost Room" will air again or when it comes out on DVD, but when it does, I’ll let you know. It’s a charming series with great wonder and great personality. Check it out. It’s not life changing, or even flawless, but it is thoroughly entertaining and if Sci-Fi decides to make it a regular series, I’d be all for it. God knows they should find something original to fill any one of the 40 hours per week that Stargate airs.

FilmTV

Post by FilmTV » 04 Jan 2007, 20:06

Upravo sam pogledao 2 epizode, za sada je mucho dobro :D

A$H

Post by A$H » 06 Jul 2007, 08:38

POGLEDAO SVE I MOGU REĆ DA JE ČIST OK..ups CL...isplati se pogledat..
It's A Bird... It's A Plane... It's SUPERA$H!!

FilmTV

Post by FilmTV » 06 Jul 2007, 11:24

Na kraju nisam pogledao sve, dosadilo na 3. epizodi jako brzo. Dobar koncept, ispodprosječna izvedba.

dr mladjo

Post by dr mladjo » 14 Nov 2007, 09:52

dosta su zeznuli s 3.epizodom.onom patologu su dali neku veliku važnost i puf..kraj serije?šta je bilo na kraju s kultovcima?bog zna..

callac

Post by callac » 06 Feb 2009, 22:06

Bio je najavljivan nastavak serijala jer priča stvarno ostavlja prostora da se razvuče čak u par sezona(obzirom da su rekli kako ima na stotine predmeta iz sobe koji još nisu pronađeni i/ili im nije poznata svrha). Šteta što su odustali, ideja je super, a i mrzim nedovršene serije/filmove kod kojih na kraju ostaje onaj veliki :?:
'Cause two can keep a secret
If one of them is dead.

A$H

Post by A$H » 07 Feb 2009, 11:10

callac wrote:Bio je najavljivan nastavak serijala jer priča stvarno ostavlja prostora da se razvuče čak u par sezona(obzirom da su rekli kako ima na stotine predmeta iz sobe koji još nisu pronađeni i/ili im nije poznata svrha). Šteta što su odustali, ideja je super, a i mrzim nedovršene serije/filmove kod kojih na kraju ostaje onaj veliki :?:
to nije serija i nije definitivno nedovrseno..to je mini serija u 3 djela i traje sve zajedno oko 270min. to je to..

callac

Post by callac » 07 Feb 2009, 11:21

Ja znam da je to miniserija, ali se pričalo da će od te miniserije nastati serija. I ne možeš reći da kraj ne dozvoljava nastavak. Ostaju pitanja što je sa Legionom i Orderom, koja je buduća uloga proroka Rubera, hoće li se Karl vratiti sa sinom, je li Joe postao object... Mi možemo samo pretpostavljati.
'Cause two can keep a secret
If one of them is dead.

A$H

Post by A$H » 07 Feb 2009, 12:53

callac wrote:Ja znam da je to miniserija, ali se pričalo da će od te miniserije nastati serija. I ne možeš reći da kraj ne dozvoljava nastavak. Ostaju pitanja što je sa Legionom i Orderom, koja je buduća uloga proroka Rubera, hoće li se Karl vratiti sa sinom, je li Joe postao object... Mi možemo samo pretpostavljati.
sluzbeno nista..ostala naklapanja nisu ni vrijedna spomena..a kraj..pa takvi su i najbolji koji gledatelju ostave neka pitanja i da sam izvuce neke zakljucke..kaj trebaju bas sve servirat gotovo..meni je bio super..volim takve zavrsetke..a ako ikad i odluce napravit ista dalje..opet imaju materijala..

boyko

Post by boyko » 14 Mar 2009, 01:15

The Lost Room -jednostavno predobro(barem meni),odlična miniserija.
''Ne biste li radije da vas, kada umrete, pojedu vaši rođaci nego crvi?''

juriel

Post by juriel » 31 Mar 2009, 10:05

Čisto solidno odrađeno i nema potrebe za nastavcima... Ajd žao mi je što se nisu više posvetili kultistima ali šta sad...
[url=http://www.phpbb.com/][img]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff109/zombigrrl/SHEKicksA.gif[/img][/url].

jeba

Re: The Lost Room

Post by jeba » 10 Nov 2013, 11:17

Odlično odrađeno. Dovoljan broj nastavaka, nema potrebe za komplikacijama i produživanjem radnje u nedogled. Solidni glumci i zanimljivi likovi.