Michel

The Apostle (1997)

Post by Michel » 11 May 2016, 01:14

Imdb
Wiki

Director: Robert Duvall
Writer: Robert Duvall
Stars: Robert Duvall, Todd Allen, Paul Bagget

Eulis 'Sonny' Dewey is a preacher from Texas living a happy life with his beautiful wife Jessie. Suddenly his stable world crumbles: Jessie is having an affair with young minister Horace. Sonny gets enraged and hits Horace with a softball bat, putting him into a coma. After that he leaves town, takes a new name, 'Apostle E.F.' and goes to Louisiana. There he starts to work as a mechanic for local radio station owner Elmo, and Elmo lets him preach on the radio. E.F. starts to preach everywhere: on the radio, on the streets, and with his new friend, Reverend Blackwell he starts a campaign to renovate an old church.

"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"

Michel

MIX MIX MARATON: PART EIGHT

Post by Michel » 11 May 2016, 01:15

The Apostle (1997) - Duvall režirao, napisao scenarij i još k tome glumi glavnu ulogu. Ma odličan je. Čitam po netu često komentare "not religious myself but I loved this film" i mislim da je to bit filma. I meni se jako svidio jer za razliku od drugih kršćanskih filmova ovdje ne vidim nikakvu propagandu. Film stvarno prikazuje realan prikaz kako živi kršćanska zajednica na jugu amerike. Neće se možda svidjeti nekome to što propovijeda pa ono svi su nekako over the top sa glazbom, izražavanjem, ali to je realno. Baš nekako pozitiva film sa nekoliko mračnih trenutaka.

8=======-o/8==========o (7.5/10)
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"