dr_gonzo

Deadpool (2016)

Post by dr_gonzo » 15 Feb 2016, 12:12

Directed: Tim Miller
Written: Rhett Reese i Paul Wernick
Based on Deadpool by Fabian Nicieza i Rob Liefeld
Starring: Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, Ed Skrein

Plot:
"- A former Special Forces operative turned mercenary is subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopting the alter ego Deadpool."

O filmu:
I really, really liked Deadpool. And you know what? I didn't expect to. Seriously, I was never a fan of the character (in the sense that I hardly knew anything about him) and the humor as well as the violence seemed forced and overdone in the trailers. Still, I remained interested in the film, I just never expected it to actually be good - until the reviews arrived. After most critics unexpectedly showered this newest superhero movie with praise, I went in cautiously optimistic (but still fully prepared to hate the film).

The first thing I noticed was how inventive the storytelling is. The film throws you into the action from the first moment (literally: the very first moment) and then it goes back and forth in brilliant and unexpected ways to slowly unspool the story of this insane - but oddly charming - antihero. Flashbacks and fast-forwards can be annoying as hell, but when done right, they can help render even a somewhat simple story fresh and exciting. And that's exactly how Deadpool felt to me right from the start: like a fresh (if somewhat dirty) jolt of energy.
The action itself is beautifully designed, employing playful visuals and using pretty much every camera technique available; it never feels repetitive and the pacing is close to perfection. But, and that was probably the key to me liking the film so much, there's a beating heart underneath all the action and carnage, and that has a lot to do with how brilliantly Ryan Reynolds portrays the character and the great chemistry he has with co-star Morena Baccarin. What came as a complete surprise to me was how unabashedly romantic Deadpool is. The love story in this film is probably the most sincere I've ever seen in a superhero movie and it gives the film the strong emotional core which so many of these movies lack.

The humor, which I initially feared would just be non-stop juvenile wisecracks and soon become distracting, also works surprisingly well. Not every line or every joke lands - but that's the beauty of this character: they don't really need to. Deadpool can't help himself; as long as he's able to breathe he'll crack wise and make fun of himself and those around him. It's a clinical condition; he's not a stand-up comedian whose jokes need to land: he's a madman (albeit a very entertaining one) and the comedy in his case was born out of tragedy.
Despite all my praise, it's not a perfect film. The villain in this revenge tale could have been more memorable and the story itself is a bit too derivative to really do its highly unconventional protagonist (he insists he's not a hero) justice: but it's a damn good first entry in a franchise that will hopefully explore the character and his world to a much larger extent in the sequel(s). And it's actually a very important film for another reason. If Deadpool is a financial success - which at this point is already clear it will be - this could play a vital role in how studios henceforth view the financial prospects of R-rated superhero films, and we'll hopefully see more of them in the future.

Many people might feel different - and I respect their opinion - but I've grown tired of the entirely bloodless CGI overkill in all those 200 million productions where even the most terrible villains talk like Mormon schoolgirls. I mean: there's a gigantic audience out there that is over the age of 18, loves to read comic books and can absolutely handle real-world language, real-world sex and real-world violence in superhero movies. This genre is so diverse; it's ridiculous to believe just because comic books have pictures in them all film adaptations - regardless of the material - must automatically be made for kids in order to be successful.
As it is, I think Deadpool - a dirty, funny, sexy and violent film which is decidedly NOT for kids - just proved my point perfectly. 9 stars out of 10.

"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 15 Feb 2016, 12:22

Sa IMDb-a
Blowing away even the most lofty of expectations, Deadpool decimated the Valentine's and President's Day weekend box office in record-breaking fashion with an estimated $135 million three-day weekend. As for its incoming competition, How to be Single performed mostly as expected while fifteen years proved too long to wait to release Zoolander 2. Rewriting the box office record books, Deadpool broke Fifty Shades of Grey's previous February opening weekend record by nearly $45 million based on estimates and that's just the start. The largest opening for an R-rated film was previously $91.7 million, set by The Matrix Reloaded in 2003. That's been destroyed. The largest opening weekend for an R-rated comic book adaptation was previously set by 300 with $70.8 million. Bye, bye. This is even the largest opening weekend ever for 20th Century Fox, beating a record of $108.4 million previously held by Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.
:supz:
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

olio

Re: Deadpool (2016)

Post by olio » 15 Feb 2016, 13:44

Gledao u petak,
film me oduševio.

Film me izmoria od smijeha :partyman:
Baza za bazom. Van svih kalupa...

Gledat će se opet što prije :supz:

10/10

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 15 Feb 2016, 16:07

Ja ga idem gledati prekosutra

- Charles Bukowski -

John_Ryder

Post by John_Ryder » 15 Feb 2016, 16:09

ja u četvrtak, na IMDB je 42 na listi najboljih filmova :lol: :kokicarenje: :supz:

Decadentor

Post by Decadentor » 15 Feb 2016, 16:39

John_Ryder wrote:ja u četvrtak, na IMDB je 42 na listi najboljih filmova :lol: :kokicarenje: :supz:
Ja mozda u srijedu, no ocekujem cist ok i prehajpan film pa ono mozda me iznenadi

Michel

Post by Michel » 15 Feb 2016, 17:06

Marvel nikad ne razočara za razliku od DC-a tako da jedva čekam pogledati.
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"

john_constantine

Post by john_constantine » 15 Feb 2016, 17:17

Odličan film. Crni humor, dijalozi, vulgarni geek skečevi, akcija, nasilje, intro i glavni lik. Najbrutalniji marvelov film dosad.
Michel puši karu.

Asfodel

Post by Asfodel » 15 Feb 2016, 17:29

gledat cu kad se slegne iritantni hype

ocekujem najbolji marvelov film

(a to ce, po mom ukusu, biti lagano za postici :mrgreen: )
I mean, a few little tiny murders and everyone just freaks out

Wheel Smith

Post by Wheel Smith » 16 Feb 2016, 02:28

najdrazi marvelov film po meni u srijedu opet idem opet u kino
:supz: :supz:

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 16 Feb 2016, 14:31

Baš se veslim što ga iden sutra gledati...

- Charles Bukowski -

boyko

Post by boyko » 16 Feb 2016, 19:54

inaće hejtam super hirou muvise al ovo bum škicnul :D
''Ne biste li radije da vas, kada umrete, pojedu vaši rođaci nego crvi?''

olio

Post by olio » 16 Feb 2016, 23:15

i deadpool ih hejta :lol:

Decadentor