Miller's Crossing (1990)

Od zlatnih 80tih do najnovih filmova.
remike2

Miller's Crossing (1990)

Post by remike2 » 22 Oct 2010, 17:30

O filmu:
Miller's Crossing is a 1990 gangster film by the Coen brothers and starring Gabriel Byrne, Albert Finney, Marcia Gay Harden, Jon Polito and John Turturro. The plot concerns a power struggle between two rival gangs and how the protagonist (Byrne) plays both sides off each other. In 2005, Time magazine chose Miller's Crossing as one of the 100 greatest films made since the inception of the periodical. Time critic Richard Corliss called it a "noir with a touch so light, the film seems to float on the breeze like the Frisbee of a fedora sailing through the forest."

Glumačka postava:
Gabriel Byrne
Albert Finney
Marcia Gay Harden
John Turturro
Jon Polito

Plot:
It's Prohibition era 1930s as gang wars tear apart the city of gang lord Leo and his lieutenant Tom Regan. Tom is upset when Leo declines underling Johnny Caspar's request to kill the crooked Bernie. Despite Tom's objections, Leo thinks he made the right decision because Bernie is Verna's brother and Verna is Leo's girl. Unfortunately, Caspar seems to be growing in power and just when Leo needs Tom's help most Tom admits he's been fooling around with Verna. Tom is thrown out of Leo's mob and with nothing else to do he decides to join Caspar. But Tom is also talking to Bernie and Verna, and Caspar's ruthless henchman Eddie Dane starts to get suspicious. His suspicions rise when Tom is ordered to kill Bernie himself, but no one knows whether or not Tom carried out the order. Leaving Caspar searching for his desired power, Dane searching for answers, Verna searching for her brother and Tom searching for his own heart... if he has one anymore.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkJIcFMN_pc

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

jeba

Re: Miller's Crossing (1990)

Post by jeba » 28 Nov 2010, 09:48

film je prejeben
jedna od definitivno boljih, ako ne i najbolja uloga Gabriel Byrnea
film apsolutno ima ono nešto, i preporučujem ga svima koji ga nisu imali priliku pogledati

remike2

Post by remike2 » 28 Nov 2010, 10:23

Jedan od najboljih mafijaških filmova svih vremena (kod mene u top 10), strašno podcijenjen film u kojem se uživa u svakoj sekundi (bilo da je u pitanju glazba, dijalog, likovi), itd... istinsko remek djelo braće Coen. Koliko god odličan bio Gabriel Byrne u glavnoj ulozi posebno bih izdvojio odličnog i podcijenjenog Johna Turturra kojemu je ovo uz Barton Fink najbolja uloga u karijeri. Svakako ga vrijedi pogledati.
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

jeba

Post by jeba » 28 Nov 2010, 11:40

Torturro inače ima dobre uloge, izdvojio bi još - Do the right thing i The big Lebowski

remike2

Post by remike2 » 28 Nov 2010, 11:54

Svakako, inače odličan glumac gdje god da se pojavi, uvijek na visini zadatka, samo velim da me on ovdje od svih najviše dojmio.

Decadentor

Post by Decadentor » 27 Nov 2014, 21:49

Dosta dobar mafijaski film, sa pokojom mudrom izrekom. 7/10