Network (1976)

Swinging sixties, hard boiled seventies. Inspektor Callahan, Steve McQueen, i ostali.
remike2

Network (1976)

Post by remike2 » 26 Dec 2010, 11:02

O filmu:
Network is a 1976 American satirical film released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer about a fictional television network, Union Broadcasting System (UBS), and its struggle with poor ratings. The film won four Academy Awards, in the categories of Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress and Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen. Network has continued to receive recognition, decades after its initial release. In 2000, the film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant". In 2002, it was inducted into the Producers Guild of America Hall of Fame as a film that has "set an enduring standard for U.S. American entertainment." In 2006, Chayefsky's script was voted one of the top ten movie scripts by the Writers Guild of America, East. In 2007, the film was 64th among the Top 100 Greatest U.S. American Films as chosen by the American Film Institute, a ranking slightly higher than the one AFI gave it ten years earlier.

Glumačka postava:
Faye Dunaway
William Holden
Peter Finch
Robert Duvall
Ned Beatty

Plot:
Howard Beale is an aging TV anchorman for UBS who is fired, effective in two weeks, after his ratings have been steadily deteriorating. He reacts to this by sensationally announcing on live television his intention to commit suicide on air. In doing so, Beale becomes a major TV icon and one of the most valuable assets to the Communications Corporation of America (CCA), the company that is gradually taking control of UBS. As a result he is given his own show as 'the mad prophet of the air-waves'. He appears live on television every week-day evening to tell the real truth to the people of America. The program is a huge success but Beale uses his power to make startling revelations about CCA, leaving the company executives with a serious problem.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQUBbpvXk2A

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

HorrorHR
Site Admin

Re: Network (1976)

Post by HorrorHR » 26 Dec 2010, 12:18

nikada čuo, izgleda zanimljivo, bacim oko.

Truba

Post by Truba » 26 Dec 2010, 15:00

super film
koji opisuje medije :supz:
www.lasetta.net :axe:

remike2

Post by remike2 » 26 Dec 2010, 16:24

Jedan od najboljih filmova svih vremena koji savršeno opisuje televiziju, općenito medije te perfektno predviđa što će se u budućnosti događati vezano za televiziju, medije, itd... Sjajna satira sjajne tematike sa odličnom glumačkom postavom. te za mene bez ikakve sumnje najbolji Lumetov film. :supz:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

filmofil

Post by filmofil » 11 Apr 2011, 19:11

kakva filmčina, ne znam otkud bi ga počeo hvaliti

mislim da još nisam vidio tako snažnu i dobru kritiku ispiranja mozgova u nekom filmu čemu uvelike pridonose karizmatični glumci i jeben scenarij...uostalom, film je dobio 3 glumačka oscara i onaj za najbolji scenarij :) najbolje scene su 'you gotta get mad' govor i kada howard dolazi onoj glaševini pa mu ovaj objasni kako svijet funkcionira (nestanak država i ideologija, korporacije upravljaju svijetom, sve se vrti oko novca) i tu kreće i howardov downfall

ovo je nešto kao preteča zeitgeista i ne mogu vjerovat kako dobro film izdržava teret vremena, a star je sada već 35 godina

moram nekoliko citata pejstat :)

Howard Beale: I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, God damn it! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

i onda potpuna suprotnost...

Arthur Jensen: You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale, and I won't have it! Is that clear? You think you've merely stopped a business deal. That is not the case! The Arabs have taken billions of dollars out of this country, and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance! You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multinational dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, reichmarks, rins, rubles, pounds, and shekels. It is the international system of currency which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today! And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and YOU... WILL... ATONE! Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale? You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about America and democracy. There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only IBM, and ITT, and AT&T, and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those are the nations of the world today. What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state, Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do. We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies, Mr. Beale. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business. The world is a business, Mr. Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime. And our children will live, Mr. Beale, to see that... perfect world... in which there's no war or famine, oppression or brutality. One vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common profit, in which all men will hold a share of stock. All necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused. And I have chosen you, Mr. Beale, to preach this evangel.
This is the Zodiac speaking.

Info

Post by Info » 11 Apr 2011, 20:33

Remek djelo, ovo su jebeno napravili http://vimeo.com/2693546 :prayer:
"I saved your life Jesse... are you gonna save mine?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=582TR2N_sPM

DrugsBunny

Post by DrugsBunny » 24 Jun 2011, 22:57

Definitivno jedan od najboljih filmova svih vremena. Svatko tko se bavi bilo kojim oblikom medija ili ga zanima rad istih ga mora definitivno pogledati.
...I wrapped our love in all this foil,
Silver-tight like spider legs
I never wanted it to ever spoil,
But flies will lay their eggs...

Decadentor

Post by Decadentor » 27 Mar 2016, 12:30

Kakva filmcina :prayer:

Ash_Williams

Post by Ash_Williams » 21 Apr 2016, 14:37

tek sam ga sad pogledao, i kad pogledam godinu proizvodnje, ovaj film je jezivo proročanstvo.

Decadentor

Post by Decadentor » 21 Apr 2016, 15:25

Ash_Williams wrote:tek sam ga sad pogledao, i kad pogledam godinu proizvodnje, ovaj film je jezivo proročanstvo.
Nije lik uzalud mad prophet :D :supz:

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 24 Apr 2016, 21:08

Jedan od najboljih filmova sa jednim od najboljih izjava u filmskoj umjetnosti:

:prayer: :supz:
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -