McCabe & Mrs. Miller (1971)

Swinging sixties, hard boiled seventies. Inspektor Callahan, Steve McQueen, i ostali.
remike2

McCabe & Mrs. Miller (1971)

Post by remike2 » 21 Nov 2010, 19:12

O filmu:
McCabe & Mrs. Miller is a 1971 American Western film starring Warren Beatty and Julie Christie, and directed by Robert Altman. The screenplay is by Altman and Brian McKay from the novel McCabe by Edmund Naughton. The cinematography is by Vilmos Zsigmond and the soundtrack includes three songs by Leonard Cohen issued on his 1967 album Songs of Leonard Cohen. As one of Altman's naturalist films, the director called it an "anti-western film" because the film ignores or subverts a number of Western conventions.

Glumačka postaa:
Warren Beatty
Julie Christie
Rene Auberjonois
Michael Murphy
William Devane
Shelley Duvall

Plot:
Set in winter in the Old West. Charismatic but dumb John McCabe arrives in a young Pacific Northwest town to set up a whorehouse/tavern. The shrewd Mrs. Miller, a professional madam, arrives soon after construction begins. She offers to use her experience to help McCabe run his business, while sharing in the profits. The whorehouse thrives and McCabe and Mrs. Miller draw closer, despite their conflicting intelligences and philosophies. Soon, however, the mining deposits in the town attract the attention of a major corporation, which wants to buy out McCabe along with the rest. He refuses, and his decision has major repercussions for him, Mrs. Miller, and the town.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2BSHp9oYD0

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 30 Nov 2010, 00:58

Predivan film i jedan od najboljih antiwesterna ikad snimljenih. Uz Leoneovu trilogiju, film sa najjljepošim soundtrackom...
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -