In the Heat of the Night (1967)

Swinging sixties, hard boiled seventies. Inspektor Callahan, Steve McQueen, i ostali.
remike2

In the Heat of the Night (1967)

Post by remike2 » 27 Sep 2010, 18:52

O filmu:
In the Heat of the Night is a 1967 film based on the John Ball novel published in 1965, which tells the story of an African-American police detective from Philadelphia who becomes involved in a murder investigation in a racist small town in Mississippi. The film won five Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Actor. It starred Sidney Poitier, Warren Oates, and Rod Steiger, and was directed by Norman Jewison. The film was followed by two sequels, They Call Me MISTER Tibbs! in 1970, and The Organization in 1971. It also became the basis of a television series entitled In the Heat of the Night, starring Carroll O'Connor, Howard Rollins, Alan Autry, David Hart, Anne-Marie Johnson, and Hugh O'Connor. Although the film was set in the fictional Mississippi town of Sparta (with supposedly no connection to the real Sparta, Mississippi, an unincorporated community), part of the movie was filmed in Sparta, Illinois, where many of the film's landmarks can still be seen. The quote "They call me Mister Tibbs!" was listed as #16 on the American Film Institute's AFI's 100 Years... 100 Movie Quotes, a list of top film quotes.

Glumačka postava:
Sidney Poitier
Rod Steiger
Warren Oates
Lee Grant
Larry Gates

Plot:
Virgil Tibbs is a Philadelphia Homicide detective home to see his mother in the rural south. He is arrested on general principles when a rich white man is found dead, and Tibbs' being Black is enough reason. When his identity is established, his boss offers his services to the small town sheriff who has little experience with murder investigations. As the two policemen learn how to work together, they begin to make progress on the crime.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQTvwkmwseU

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Info

Re: In the Heat of the Night (1967)

Post by Info » 09 Feb 2011, 05:00

Upravo pogledao, odličan film sa odličnom glumom Poitiera i Rod Steigera koji je dobio Oscara za lokalnog šerifa. Nisam do samog kraja znao ko je ubojica makar sam pogađao par puta usred filma. Nekako mi se čini zaboravljen ovaj film.
"I saved your life Jesse... are you gonna save mine?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=582TR2N_sPM

remike2

Re: In the Heat of the Night (1967)

Post by remike2 » 09 Feb 2011, 10:27

Vrlo dobar film i slažem se da je dosta podcijenjen.
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.