Cat Ballou (1965)

Swinging sixties, hard boiled seventies. Inspektor Callahan, Steve McQueen, i ostali.
remike2

Cat Ballou (1965)

Post by remike2 » 23 Sep 2010, 11:46

O filmu:
Cat Ballou is a 1965 comedy-western film which tells the story of a woman who hires a famous gunman to protect her father's ranch, and later to avenge his murder, but finds that the man she hires is not what she expected. The movie stars Jane Fonda, Lee Marvin (in his Oscar-winning dual role), Michael Callan, Dwayne Hickman, and singers Nat King Cole and Stubby Kaye, who together perform the movie's theme song. The screenplay was adapted by Walter Newman and Frank Pierson from the novel by Roy Chanslor. The film was directed by Elliot Silverstein. Chanslor's novel was a serious Western, and though it was turned into a comedy for the movie, the filmmakers retained some of the story's darker elements. The film referenced many classic westerns, most notably "Shane."

Glumačka postava:
Jane Fonda
Lee Marvin
Michael Callan
Dwayne Hickman
Tom Nardini
John Marley
Nat King Cole

Plot:
Cat(herine) Balou's family farm is being threatened by the Rail Road. She sends for Kid Shelleen, finding him to be the drunkest gunfighter in the west. When her father is killed by the rail road magnate's gunman, she vowes to fight on. Shelleen manages to ride sideways in several scenes, while minstrels sing the ballad of Cat Ballou in between scenes.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--oiApb2dAo

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Decadentor

Re: Cat Ballou (1965)

Post by Decadentor » 24 Sep 2010, 01:01

Pogledah ga fakat davno kao klinac i odusevio me, jos se i danas sjecam nekih scena...
Samo neznam kako mi bi sad pasalo gledanje, ali bolje da ne kvarim :lol:

remike2

Re: Cat Ballou (1965)

Post by remike2 » 24 Sep 2010, 10:26

Meni odličan film, baš bi ga mogao opet nakon dosta vremena pogledati.
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.