The Hustler (1961)

Swinging sixties, hard boiled seventies. Inspektor Callahan, Steve McQueen, i ostali.
remike2

The Hustler (1961)

Post by remike2 » 13 Sep 2010, 12:22

O filmu:
The Hustler is a 1961 American drama film directed by Robert Rossen from the 1959 novel of the same name he and Sidney Carroll adapted for the screen. It tells the story of small-time pool hustler "Fast Eddie" Felson and his desire to prove himself the best player in the country by beating legendary pool player "Minnesota Fats." After initially losing to Fats and getting involved with unscrupulous manager Bert Gordon, Eddie returns to beat Fats, but only after paying a terrible personal price. The film was shot on location in New York City. It stars Paul Newman as Eddie Felson, Jackie Gleason as Minnesota Fats, Piper Laurie as Sarah, and George C. Scott as Bert. The film was a major critical and popular success, gaining a reputation as a modern classic. Its exploration of winning, losing, and character garnered a number of major awards; it is also credited with helping to spark a resurgence in the popularity of pool. A real pool hustler was inspired to adopt the name of Gleason's character, Minnesota Fats, and to use the association with the film in his search for celebrity.

Glumačka postava:
Paul Newman
Jackie Gleason
Piper Laurie
George C. Scott

Plot:
"Fast" Eddie Felson is a small-time pool hustler with a lot of talent but a self-destructive attitude. His bravado causes him to challenge the legendary "Minnesota Fats" to a high-stakes match, but he loses in a heartbreaking marathon. Now broke and without his long-time manager, Felson faces an uphill battle to regain his confidence and his game. It isn't until he hits rock bottom that he agrees to join up with ruthless and cutthroat manager Bert Gordon. Gordon agrees to take him on the road to learn the ropes. But Felson soon realizes that making it to the top could cost him his soul, and perhaps his girlfriend. Will he decide that this is too steep a price to pay in time to save himself?

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jBQqBIhSzQ

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

filmofil

Re: The Hustler (1961)

Post by filmofil » 29 Apr 2012, 01:43

jeben film kojeg je usrala jedna ženska uloga, pizdio sam u skoro svim scenama s piper laurie. nije do glumice već je njen lik iritantan i naporan. scott uvjerljiv u ulozi nekakvog criminal puppeteera, a iz ovog paul newmana curi karizma u svakom kadru gdje se pojavi. :) i nekako je kraj naivan, ali može proći.

7/10

eto, film nije spektakularan u nijednom pogledu, ali vrijedi ga pogledat i brzo prođu ta 2 sata.
This is the Zodiac speaking.

Michel

PAUL NEWMAN/STEVE MCQUEEN

Post by Michel » 26 Nov 2014, 23:22

The Hustler (1961) - odličan sportski iako ne bih ga svrstavao u čiste sportske filmove. Film je prvi dio, a drugi dio Boja Novca od Scorsesea i Boja Novca je znatno lošiji film od ovog. Zabavan, ali ovaj je bolji u svakom pogledu. Sviđa mi se što film nakon pola sata dobije nagli zaokret i krene prema nekakvoj romatnčnoj drami. Newman i Laurie imaju odličnu kemiju, a Laurie mi je u ovom jako zgodna :oops: George C. Scott isto odličan kao reketar.

8========-o/8==========o (8.5/10)
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"

John_Ryder

Re: The Hustler (1961)

Post by John_Ryder » 01 Dec 2014, 22:04

odličan,8/10.

i što joj je bert šapuno u uho na zabavi? :kokicarenje: