Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

Swinging sixties, hard boiled seventies. Inspektor Callahan, Steve McQueen, i ostali.
remike2

Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

Post by remike2 » 04 Sep 2010, 20:53

O filmu:
Lawrence of Arabia is a 1962 British epic film based on the life of T. E. Lawrence. It was directed by David Lean and produced by Austrian Sam Spiegel through his British company, Horizon Pictures from a script by Robert Bolt and Michael Wilson. The film stars Peter O'Toole in the title role. It is widely considered one of the greatest and most influential films in the history of cinema. The dramatic score by Maurice Jarre and the Super Panavision 70 cinematography by Freddie Young are also highly acclaimed. The film depicts Lawrence's experiences in Arabia during World War I, in particular his attacks on Aqaba and Damascus and his involvement in the Arab National Council. Its themes include Lawrence's emotional struggles with the personal violence inherent in war, his personal identity, and his divided allegiance between his native Britain and its army and his newfound comrades within the Arabian desert tribes.

Glumačka postava:
Peter O'Toole
Omar Sharif
Alec Guinness
Anthony Quinn
Jack Hawkins

Plot:
An inordinately complex man who has been labeled everything from hero, to charlatan, to sadist, Thomas Edward Lawrence blazed his way to glory in the Arabian desert, then sought anonymity as a common soldier under an assumed name. The story opens with the death of Lawrence in a motorcycle accident in London at the age of 47, then flashbacks to recount his adventures: as a young intelligence officer in Cairo in 1916, he is given leave to investigate the progress of the Arab revolt against the Turks in World War I. In the desert, he organizes a guerrilla army and--for two years--leads the Arabs in harassing the Turks with desert raids, train-wrecking and camel attacks. Eventually, he leads his army northward and helps a British General destroy the power of the Ottoman Empire.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDF0at7sC0M

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

chatterer

Re: Lawrence of Arabia (1962)

Post by chatterer » 04 Sep 2010, 23:48

obožavam ovaj film, sadrži sve što jedan epski spektakl treba imati, ne bih mogao naći nijednu manu

Asfodel

Post by Asfodel » 05 Sep 2010, 00:49

chatterer wrote:obožavam ovaj film, sadrži sve što jedan epski spektakl treba imati, ne bih mogao naći nijednu manu
Potpisujem uglavnom
I mean, a few little tiny murders and everyone just freaks out

remike2

Post by remike2 » 05 Sep 2010, 09:55

chatterer wrote:obožavam ovaj film, sadrži sve što jedan epski spektakl treba imati, ne bih mogao naći nijednu manu
Potpis! :supz:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Michel

MICHELOVE AVANTURE

Post by Michel » 15 Feb 2015, 15:24

Lawrence of Arabia (1962) - David Lean se nasnimao klasika, on je režirao i most na rijeci kwai, ali njegov najpoznatiji i najcjenjeniji film je ovaj. Meni je drago da nakon toliko godina gledanja filmova, da još uvijek mogu naići na film za koji ponosno mogu reći kako je jedan od najboljih kojeg sam pogledao. Lawrence je vjerojatno najveći spektakl od svih filmskih spektakala. Radi se o liku koji je bio stvaran i koji je bio britanac poslan u pakao pustinje da se zajedno bori s arapima protiv turaka. Peter O'Toole je odigrao jednu od najboljih uloga svih vremena, ali mislim da to nij previše potrebno naglašavati. Ostatak glumac isto odradili odličan posao. Film krase prekrasni dugi kadrovi pustinje koja je očaravajuća, odlična glazba i vrhunski je napisan film. Osjeti se to u dijalozima što čine dosta scena pamtljivim.

8==========o/8==========o (10/10)
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"