Who's That Knocking At My Door (1967)

Swinging sixties, hard boiled seventies. Inspektor Callahan, Steve McQueen, i ostali.
remike2

Who's That Knocking At My Door (1967)

Post by remike2 » 01 Aug 2010, 22:01

O filmu:
Who's That Knocking at My Door, originally titled I Call First, is a 1967 film, which marks Martin Scorsese's debut as a director. Exploring themes of Catholic guilt similar to those in his later film Mean Streets, the story follows Italian-American J.R. (Harvey Keitel) as he struggles to accept the secret hidden by his girlfriend (Zina Bethune). Winner of the 1968 Chicago Film Festival.

Glumačka postava:
Harvey Keitel
Zina Bethune
Anne Collette
Harry Northup

Plot:
J.R. is a typical Italian-American on the streets of New York. When he gets involved with a local girl, he decides to get married and settle down, but when he learns that she was once raped, he cannot handle it. More explicitly linked with Catholic guilt that Scorsese's later work, we see what happens to J.R. when his religious guilt catches up with him.

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Boby

Re: Who's That Knocking At My Door (1967)

Post by Boby » 01 Aug 2010, 22:09

Odlično mi je sjelo ovo ostvarenje; uopće, mnogo mi se više svidjela Scorseseova ranija faza od onog kaj je uslijedilo kasnije a ovaj film to sasvim dobro potvrđuje.

remike2

Re: Who's That Knocking At My Door (1967)

Post by remike2 » 01 Aug 2010, 22:13

Nije mi baš odličan kao kasnija remek djela Scorsesea, ali je i dalje jako dobar, kvalitetan i poseban sa fantastičnim Keitelom, redateljski debi koji je u velikom luku pokazao talent i viziju Scorsesea te je nagovijestio da će prije ili kasnije dobrano zavladati svijetom filma što se uistinu pokazalo i dogodilo u narednim godinama.
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.