Mean Streets (1973)

Swinging sixties, hard boiled seventies. Inspektor Callahan, Steve McQueen, i ostali.
remike2

Mean Streets (1973)

Post by remike2 » 26 Jun 2010, 18:16

O filmu:
Mean Streets is a 1973 drama film directed by Martin Scorsese and written by Scorsese and Mardik Martin. The film stars Harvey Keitel, Robert De Niro and David Proval. It was released by Warner Bros. on October 2, 1973. De Niro won the National Society of Film Critics award for Best Supporting Actor for his role as John "Johnny Boy" Civello. In 1997, Mean Streets was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant."

Glumačka postava:
Harvey Keitel
Robert De Niro
David Proval
Amy Robinson
Richard Romanus

Plot:
The future is set for Tony and Michael - owning a neighbour- hood bar and making deals in the mean streets of New York city's Little Italy. For Charlie, the future is less clearly defined. A small-time hood, he works for his uncle, making collections and reclaiming bad debts. He's probably too nice to succeed. In love with a woman his uncle disapproves of (because of her epilepsy) and a friend of her cousin, Johnny Boy, a near psychotic whose trouble-making threatens them all - he can't reconcile opposing values. A failed attempt to escape (to Brooklyn) moves them all a step closer to a bitter, almost preordained future.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCwjzn0CncA

Poster:
Last edited by remike2 on 05 Sep 2010, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

jeba

Re: Mean Streets (1973.)

Post by jeba » 18 Jul 2010, 13:14

Super film, de Niro je odličan kao Johnny Boy