Elvis (1979.)

Swinging sixties, hard boiled seventies. Inspektor Callahan, Steve McQueen, i ostali.
remike2

Elvis (1979.)

Post by remike2 » 15 Jun 2010, 16:53

O filmu:
Elvis is a 1979 television film by John Carpenter and is based upon the life of Elvis Presley. However, it ends in 1969 and does not depict the last few years of Elvis' life and career. Elvis is notable in Carpenter's career for two reasons. It was made after Halloween had wrapped, so it offered him an avenue to try his hand at a film away from the horror genre. It was also the first time Carpenter had worked with Kurt Russell, who became a frequent collaborator of Carpenter's. Russell subsequently starred in Escape from New York (1981), The Thing (1982), Big Trouble in Little China (1985), and Escape from L.A. (1996). Russell won an Emmy Award Nomination for his performance as Presley. Country singer Ronnie McDowell provided the vocals for a number of songs Russell performed in the film. The film finally debuted on DVD in early 2010 via Shout! Factory.

Glumačka postava:
Kurt Russell
Shelley Winters
Season Hubley
Bing Russell
Pat Hingle

Plot:
Tracing Presleys life from his impoverished childhood to his meteoric rise to stardom to his triumphant return to Las Vegas, Elvis features Shelley Winters (Gladys Presley), Season Hubley (Priscilla Presley), Bing Russell (Kurts real-life father as Vernon Presley), Pat Hingle (Colonel Tom Parker), Joe Mantegna (Memphis Mafia member Joe Esposito) and Ed Begley Jr. (drummer D.J. Fontana) in an all-star supporting cast for an effort that garnered numerous Emmy nominations including Outstanding Lead Actor for Russell.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBDRgrQwoe8

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.