The Stepford Wives (1975.)

Swinging sixties, hard boiled seventies. Inspektor Callahan, Steve McQueen, i ostali.
remike2

The Stepford Wives (1975.)

Post by remike2 » 07 Jun 2010, 12:09

O filmu:
The Stepford Wives is a 1975 sci-fi-thriller film based on the 1972 Ira Levin novel of the same name. It was directed by Bryan Forbes with a screenplay by William Goldman, and stars Katharine Ross, Paula Prentiss, Peter Masterson, Nanette Newman and Tina Louise. The film was remade in 2004 under the same name, but was written as a comedy versus a serious thriller film. While the film was only a moderate success at the time of release, it has grown in stature as a cult film over the years. Building upon the reputation of Levin's novel, the term "Stepford Wife" has become a popular science fiction concept and several sequels were shot, as well as the remake of the film in 2004.

Glumačka postava:
Katharine Ross
Paula Prentiss
Peter Masterson
Nanette Newman
Tina Louise

Plot:
Joanna and Walter are the two newest residents in Stepford. Joanna, although a "housewife" is intelligent and creative - taking an interest in photography: she wants to be "remembered". Like many of the men in Stepford, Walter is an obviously inadequate husband. Conflict occurs when Joanna complains that Walter is making all of the decisions for them. Walter joins the mysterious Stepford "Men's Club", which takes place in an old manor house, which is heavily guarded. Joanna is disturbed that many of the Stepford wives spend their lives in domestic servitude, are unintelligent and wear flowery print dresses. Her friend Bobbie thinks that it might be due to something in the water. At a consciousness-raising group that Joanna starts, the wives begin discussing spray starch and cleaning products. The awful truth is that the men of Stepford are replacing their wives with compliant domestic sex robots. Gradually, Joanna begins to realise that all of her friends have been replaced, and that she is in great danger. Her psychiatrist advices that she takes the kids and gets "the hell out of Stepford", but the men are hiding Joanna's children. Can she find them, or will she be murdered and replaced by RoboJoanna?

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cRrbcv_ ... re=related

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Truba

Re: The Stepford Wives (1975.)

Post by Truba » 08 Jun 2010, 09:52

super film
pogotovo za dilandogovce :mrgreen:
www.lasetta.net :axe:

remike2

Re: The Stepford Wives (1975.)

Post by remike2 » 08 Jun 2010, 10:06

Izgleda mi zanimljivo, budem svakako pogledao!
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Michel

ALIENSKO PREDGRAĐE

Post by Michel » 26 Sep 2015, 22:17

The Stepford Wives (1975) - neloš horor, ali ipak previše neiskorišten. Radi se o obitelji koja dolazi u to predgrađe gdje je po svemu sudeći sve divno krasno, ali ubrzo njegova žena počne sumnjati kad vidi kako se sve ostale žene ponašaju. Kao da su hipnotizirani, pričaju čudno, pričaju o stvarima koje su toliko banalne pa je meni kao gledatelju već bilo jasno o čemu se tu radi. U nekim djelovima dosadan. Kraj mi se najviše svidio.

8======o/8==========o (6/10)
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"