Captain Blood (1935)

Stara škola i provjereni klasici. Od Cecile B. De Millea pa sve do Hitchcocka u punom zanosu.
elrania

Captain Blood (1935)

Post by elrania » 23 Feb 2012, 00:51

TRAILER

IMDB

Director: Michael Curtiz

Writers: Rafael Sabatini (novel), Casey Robinson (screenplay)

Cast:
Errol Flynn ... Peter Blood
Olivia de Havilland ... Arabella Bishop
Lionel Atwill ... Col. Bishop
Basil Rathbone ... Levasseur
Ross Alexander ... Jeremy Pitt

Storyline:
Arrested during the Monmouth Rebellion and falsely convicted of treason, Dr. Peter Blood is banished to the West Indies and sold into slavery. In Port Royal, Jamaica the Governor's daughter Arabella Bishop buys him for £10 to spite her uncle, Col. Bishop who owns a major plantation. Life is hard for the men and for Blood as well. By chance he treats the Governor's gout and is soon part of the medical service. He dreams of freedom and when the opportunity strikes, he and his friends rebel taking over a Spanish ship that has attacked the city. Soon, they are the most feared pirates on the seas, men without a country attacking all ships. When Arabella is prisoner, Blood decides to return her to Port Royal only to find that it is under the control of England's new enemy, France. All of them must decide if they are to fight for their new King.

SpoilerShow
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

elrania

Re: Captain Blood (1935)

Post by elrania » 23 Feb 2012, 00:51

evo malo drugačijeg (tj. originalnog) pristupa piratskim filmovima i odmaka od onog na što smo navikli zbog cijele pirati s kariba senzacije. nema hrpu komedije i magije, morskih beštija i morskog vuka deppa, ali nudi pametnu priču, dramu, dopušta povremena lepršanja u opuštene smicalice te u prvom planu ima flynna, zlatnog dečka onog tada vremena. drugi veliki glumački adut je rathbone kojeg nažalost ne gledamo od početka do kraja filma, no i onaj manji dio s njim je vrhunski. :)

dragonheart

Re: Captain Blood (1935)

Post by dragonheart » 25 May 2012, 16:41

elrania wrote:evo malo drugačijeg (tj. originalnog) pristupa piratskim filmovima i odmaka od onog na što smo navikli zbog cijele pirati s kariba senzacije. nema hrpu komedije i magije, morskih beštija i morskog vuka deppa, ali nudi pametnu priču, dramu, dopušta povremena lepršanja u opuštene smicalice te u prvom planu ima flynna, zlatnog dečka onog tada vremena. drugi veliki glumački adut je rathbone kojeg nažalost ne gledamo od početka do kraja filma, no i onaj manji dio s njim je vrhunski. :)

Filmčina samo takva, kao i svi filmovi sa Flynnom !!!
It's not who I am underneath...

...but what I do that defines me.

http://dragonheart.blog.hr/