Grand Hotel (1932)

Stara škola i provjereni klasici. Od Cecile B. De Millea pa sve do Hitchcocka u punom zanosu.
elrania

Grand Hotel (1932)

Post by elrania » 18 Sep 2011, 18:08

IMDB

TRAILER

Director: Edmund Goulding

Writers: Vicki Baum (novel), William A. Drake (play), ...

Cast:
Greta Garbo ... Grusinskaya - the Dancer
John Barrymore ... The Baron Felix von Gaigern
Joan Crawford ... Flaemmchen - the Stenographer
Wallace Beery ... General Director Preysing
Lionel Barrymore ... Otto Kringelein
Lewis Stone ... Doctor Otternschlag

Storyline:
Berlin's plushest, most expensive hotel is the setting where in the words of Dr. Otternschlag "People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.". The doctor is usually drunk so he missed the fact that Baron von Geigern is broke and trying to steal eccentric dancer Grusinskaya's pearls. He ends up stealing her heart instead. Powerful German businessman Preysing brow beats Kringelein, one of his company's lowly bookkeepers but it is the terminally ill Kringelein who holds all the cards in the end. Meanwhile, the Baron also steals the heart of Preysing's mistress, Flaemmchen, but she doesn't end up with either one of them in the end...

SpoilerShow

elrania

Re: Grand Hotel (1932)

Post by elrania » 18 Sep 2011, 19:13

ovdje je riječ o impresivnom skupu priča koji je na kraju rezultirao mojom dubokom dirnutošću s nekoliko suza u oku. zadivile su me i neke face u filmu - greta je ko vjeverica, vidi se kako švedska krv proviri čim se treba malo razgibati u ulozi, a joan je apsolutno prekrasna. jedna od druge su toliko različite u svojim ulogama, a opet zrače elegancijom i šarmantnošću što nisam toliko mogla osjetiti kod drugih starih dama. velike pohvale i johnu i lionelu barrymoreu; da su bili ikako drugačiji, ne bi doprli do mene na ovaj način.