Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958)

Stara škola i provjereni klasici. Od Cecile B. De Millea pa sve do Hitchcocka u punom zanosu.
remike2

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958)

Post by remike2 » 06 Mar 2011, 17:44

O filmu:
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof is a 1958 American drama film directed by Richard Brooks. It is based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning play of the same name by Tennessee Williams adapted by Richard Brooks and James Poe. One of the top-ten box office hits of 1958, the film stars Elizabeth Taylor, Paul Newman and Burl Ives.

Glumačka postava:
Elizabeth Taylor
Paul Newman
Burl Ives
Judith Anderson
Jack Carson

Plot:
The fifth Tennessee Williams play to reach the screen, wealthy Mississippi plantation owner Big Daddy Pollitt, unaware that he's dying of cancer and disturbed by the strained and childless marriage of his favored alcoholic son Brick and his other son, Gooper, whose wife is about to bring forth another in the endless line of little "no-neck monsters," celebrates his sixty-fifth birthday with his family. Brick's wife, Maggie, beautiful and desirable, tries unsuccessfully to coax her husband away from the bottle, while alternately enticing him and taunting him about his obsession with his deceased best friend and the guilt about their relationship. The seamy tensions reach a climax when the truth of Big Daddy's health is revealed, and he and Brick manage to resolve their differences.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDk0JtQHc0A

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Asfodel

Re: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958)

Post by Asfodel » 06 Mar 2011, 23:42

Aaa još jedan od klasika pogledanih u djetinjstvu iz kojeg se sjećam svega par scena :lol:
I mean, a few little tiny murders and everyone just freaks out

Michel

PAUL NEWMAN/STEVE MCQUEEN

Post by Michel » 29 Nov 2014, 23:04

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958) - i nisam nešto oduševljen s ovim klasikom. Dobar film, dobro odglumljen. Taylorica je lijepa, ali nikad nisam bio fasciniran s njom. Newman glumi alkoholičara i film je rasprava i pokušaj da nama gledateljima prenesu što se dogodilo s jednim likom. Može se tu dobro vidjeti taj gay subtekst, a čitam da je Newmanov lik gay. I dan danas se raspravlja o toj temi iz ovog filma.

8=======o/8==========o (7/10)
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"