The Grapes of Wrath (1940)

Stara škola i provjereni klasici. Od Cecile B. De Millea pa sve do Hitchcocka u punom zanosu.
remike2

The Grapes of Wrath (1940)

Post by remike2 » 16 Jan 2011, 10:29

O filmu:
The Grapes of Wrath is a 1940 drama film directed by John Ford. It was based on John Steinbeck's Pulitzer Prize winning novel of the same name. The screenplay was written by Nunnally Johnson and the executive producer was Darryl F. Zanuck. The film tells the story of the Joads, an Oklahoma family, who, after losing their farm during the Great Depression in the 1930s, become migrant workers and end up in California. The motion picture details their arduous journey across the United States as they travel to California in search of work and opportunities for the family members. In 1989, this film was one of the first 25 films to be selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant."

Glumačka postava:
Henry Fonda
Jane Darwell
John Carradine
Shirley Mills
John Qualen
Eddie Quillan

Plot:
Oklahoma in the Thirties is a dustbowl and dispossessed farmers migrate westward to California. After terrible trials en route they become little more than slave labor. Among the throng are the Joads who refuse to knuckle under.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ayi81QMuak

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Michel

ZLATNI MARATON: AMERICANA ROAD

Post by Michel » 08 Mar 2014, 19:40

The Grapes of Wrath (1940) - izvrsna socijalna drama o jednoj obitelji koja se nađe u ekonomskoj krizi. Film sam izabrao iz kategorije AMERICANA jer sadrži sve odlike te kategorije, ali komotno može i pod ROAD film jer se dosta putuje. Ovo je sigurno jedan od najvećih filmova 40-ih godinu iz izvrsnu kinematografiju i režiju velikog Johna Forda. Glumi uvijek odlični Henry Fonda koji se brine za svoju obitelj da predbrodi te teške trenutke.

8=========o/8==========o (9/10)
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"

filmofil

Re: The Grapes of Wrath (1940)

Post by filmofil » 09 Mar 2014, 16:37

meni taj road aspekt filma nije uopće ostao urezan u pamćenje jer ga toliko nadjača sadržajnost svega što se dešava. fonda je s nevjerojatnom lakoćom iznio glavnu ulogu na svojim leđima. također, meni je film nevjerojatnom lakoćom ušao u top 5 najboljih filmova iz zlatne ere hollywooda. :)
This is the Zodiac speaking.