The Wizard of Oz (1939)

Stara škola i provjereni klasici. Od Cecile B. De Millea pa sve do Hitchcocka u punom zanosu.
metallicat

The Wizard of Oz (1939)

Post by metallicat » 29 Dec 2010, 13:47

ImageImage
ImageImage

Director: Victor Fleming
Writers: Noel Langley & Florence Ryerson
Genre: Adventure | Family | Fantasy | Musical

Plot:
Dorothy Gale is swept away to a magical land in a tornado and embarks on a quest to see the Wizard who can help her return home.

Cast:
Judy Garland as Dorothy
Frank Morgan as Professor Marvel / The Gatekeeper / The Carriage Driver / The Doorman / The Wizard of Oz
Ray Bolger as 'Hunk' / The Scarecrow
Bert Lahr as 'Zeke' / The Cowardly Lion
Jack Haley as 'Hickory' / The Tin Man
Billie Burke as Glinda
Margaret Hamilton as Miss Gulch / The Wicked Witch of the West

Trivia: In 1898, Dorothy Louise Gage was born to the brother and sister-in-law of Maud Gage Baum, wife of author L. Frank Baum. When little Dorothy died exactly five months later, Maud was heartbroken. Baum was just finishing "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" and, to comfort his wife, named his heroine after Dorothy, changing her last name to Gale in his second book. Dorothy Gage was buried in Evergreen Memorial Cemetery in Bloomington, Illinois, where her grave was forgotten until 1996 when it was rediscovered. When Mickey Carroll, one of the last existing Munchkins from the movie, learned of the discovery, he was eager to replace her deteriorated grave marker with a new one created by his own monument company. The new stone was dedicated in 1997 and the children's section of the cemetery renamed the Dorothy L. Gage Memorial Garden, in the hope that bereaved families would be comforted in thinking of their lost children as being with Dorothy from "The Wizard of Oz".

film je genijalan, a najbolje mi je kako lav plače :lol:

john_constantine

Re: The Wizard of Oz (1939)

Post by john_constantine » 29 Dec 2010, 15:03

ma klasik. A i Lav mi je jedan od najdražih likova u filmu, he. :mrgreen: Jedan od prekrasnih filmova iako često djeluje da su scenaristi bili napucani LSD - ovima. :zubifale:
Michel puši karu.

remike2

Post by remike2 » 29 Dec 2010, 16:20

Jedan od najljepših i najboljih filmova svih vremena koji stalno iznova oduševljava nove generacije te sigurno neće nikad izgubiti na svojoj vrijednosti. :D
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

metallicat

Post by metallicat » 29 Dec 2010, 18:00

ja jednostavno nemogu vjerovat da je film iz '39. stvarno genijalno

Asfodel

Post by Asfodel » 29 Dec 2010, 21:09

Gledala u pradavna vremena...

Ta knjiga mi je bila božanstvena.
I mean, a few little tiny murders and everyone just freaks out

elrania

Post by elrania » 30 Dec 2010, 18:18

sjećam se kad sam i na kojem programu gledala ovaj film po prvi put... pa drugi itd.
htjela bih ga opet još jednom uskoro pogledati, jer mi je svaki put dosad bio predivan.

obožavam sve u njemu :heart: