Dial M for Murder (1954)

Stara škola i provjereni klasici. Od Cecile B. De Millea pa sve do Hitchcocka u punom zanosu.
remike2

Dial M for Murder (1954)

Post by remike2 » 05 Nov 2010, 14:13

O filmu:
Dial M for Murder is a 1954 American thriller film adapted from a successful stage play and directed by Alfred Hitchcock and released by Warner Bros. It stars Ray Milland as a retired tennis pro who wishes to have his wife killed, Grace Kelly as the wife, and Robert Cummings as her paramour. The supporting cast includes John Williams as the police detective who investigates the matter and Anthony Dawson as the man hired to do the killing. The screenplay and the stage play on which it was based were both written by English playwright Frederick Knott (1916–2002), whose work tends to focus on women who innocently become the potential victims of sinister plots. The original play premiered in 1952 on BBC television, before being performed on the stage in the same year (West End in June, and then Broadway in October). There is just one setting in the stage play: the living-room of the Wendices' flat in London (61A Charrington Gardens, Maida Vale). Hitchcock's film adds a second setting in a gentleman's club, a few views of the street outside and a stylized courtroom montage. Having seen the play on Broadway, Cary Grant was keen to play the role of Tony Wendice, but studio chiefs did not feel the public would accept him as a man who arranges to have his wife murdered. In June 2008, the American Film Institute revealed its "Ten Top Ten"—the best ten films in ten "classic" American film genres—after polling over 1,500 people from the creative community. Dial M for Murder was ranked the ninth best film in the mystery genre in the list.

Glumačka postava:
Ray Milland
Grace Kelly
Robert Cummings
John Williams
Anthony Dawson

Plot:
Tony Wendice learns that his wife, Margo had an affair but even though it's over, he decided to kill her but chose to bide his time. He waited until Mark Halliday, his wife's boyfriend, returned to town. He then placed his plan in order. He summoned a man, whose reputation is a bit shady, and reveals that he knows his secrets but also tells him about his wife and her boyfriend and that they are each the beneficiary of their estates. He gets the man to agree to kill his wife and he has laid out what appears to be perfect plan. Only thing is the man was the one who was killed. Wendice trying to cover everything up, decides then to make it appear that Margo had an ulterior motive for killing the man. And it appears to be working except Halliday doesn't believe she's guilty and the police uncover a few anomalies.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qWwFvsBVic

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Asfodel

Re: Dial M for Murder (1954)

Post by Asfodel » 05 Nov 2010, 16:32

Kad si nedavno napisao da si gledao Sjever-sjeverozapad (jesi to bio ti? :lol: ) to me podjetilo da bih mogla krenuti osvježavati neke Hitchcock filmove koje sam davno gledala. Ovaj bi bio među njima također.
I mean, a few little tiny murders and everyone just freaks out

remike2

Post by remike2 » 05 Nov 2010, 16:37

Asfodel wrote:Kad si nedavno napisao da si gledao Sjever-sjeverozapad (jesi to bio ti? :lol: ) to me podjetilo da bih mogla krenuti osvježavati neke Hitchcock filmove koje sam davno gledala. Ovaj bi bio među njima također.
Je i to nedavno (meni inače najdraži Hitchcockov film), ni ja nisam dosta dugo gledao ovaj film, dalo bi se ići uskoro na novo gledanje. 8)
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Asfodel

Post by Asfodel » 05 Nov 2010, 16:41

I inače je Sjever-sjeverozapad zvanično njegov najbolji film kao.. a ja sam ga više od pola zaboravila, ili ima situacija u kojoj se nekog filma sjećam gotovo cijelog, a ne znam kako se zove (recimo onaj u kojem se pjeva Que sera sera, sad ću ga tražiti) i sl..pola mi se toga ispremiješalo.. uglavnom, blasfemično. Sve to treba ispraviti :mrgreen:
I mean, a few little tiny murders and everyone just freaks out

Ašow

Post by Ašow » 05 Nov 2010, 16:44

Dobar je film. Klasik.

Nevezano za film, jaka mi je bila fora u zločestoj djeci "Nazovi U radi Umorstva"
(U=Ustaša) :lol:
--------
Last.fm