Rebecca (1940)

Stara škola i provjereni klasici. Od Cecile B. De Millea pa sve do Hitchcocka u punom zanosu.
remike2

Rebecca (1940)

Post by remike2 » 03 Oct 2010, 12:27

O filmu:
Rebecca is a 1940 psychological/dramatic thriller directed by Alfred Hitchcock as his first American project, and his first film produced under his contract with David O. Selznick. The film's screenplay was an adaptation by Joan Harrison and Robert E. Sherwood from Philip MacDonald and Michael Hogan's adaptation of Daphne du Maurier's 1938 novel of the same name, and was produced by Selznick. It stars Laurence Olivier as Maxim de Winter, Joan Fontaine as his second wife, and Judith Anderson as his late wife's housekeeper, Mrs. Danvers. The film is a gothic tale about the lingering memory of the title character, which still affects Maxim, his new bride, and Mrs. Danvers long after her death. The film won two Academy Awards, including Best Picture out of a total 11 nominations. Olivier, Fontaine and Anderson were all Oscar nominated for their respective roles. Since the introduction of awards for actors in supporting roles, this is the only film named Best Picture that won no other Academy Award for acting, directing or writing. It was the opening film at the 1st Berlin International Film Festival.

Glumačka postava:
Laurence Olivier
Joan Fontaine
Judith Anderson
George Sanders
Nigel Bruce

Plot:
A shy ladies' companion, staying in Monte Carlo with her stuffy employer, meets the wealthy Maxim de Winter. She and Max fall in love, marry and return to Manderlay, his large country estate in Cornwall. Max is still troubled by the death of his first wife, Rebecca, in a boating accident the year before. The second Mrs. de Winter clashes with the housekeeper, Mrs. Danvers, and discovers that Rebecca still has a strange hold on everyone at Manderlay.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqRx_a8BAbA

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Asfodel

Re: Rebecca (1940)

Post by Asfodel » 03 Oct 2010, 16:04

Wee
Gledala sam i ovo i rimejk, al se ne sjećam dovoljno detaljno za usporedbu.
Sama priča i spuki atmosfera mi je bila odlična.
I mean, a few little tiny murders and everyone just freaks out

remike2

Post by remike2 » 03 Oct 2010, 17:31

Odličan film! :supz:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Michel

Post by Michel » 25 Jan 2014, 04:38

Rebecca (1940) - prvi američki film od Hitchcocka snimljen po slavnoj noveli istoimenog naslova. Film ima status remek djela pa sam imao visoka očekivanja, a još je tu redateljsko ime i nažalost ne me film osvojio. I dalje se radi o jako dobrom filmu. Laurence Olivier i prelijepa Joan Fontaine su fantastični. Olivier kao hladnokrvi bogataš, ali opet mi je bio simpatičan, a Fontaine kao zaigrana siromašna djevojka koja se seli k njemu, a on skriva jednu tajnu koja ima veze sa njegovom bivšom ženom. I vrhunskog Georgea Sandersa treba izdvojiti. Njega sam prvi put uočio u All About Eve, uloga, za koju je dobio Oscara. Pa što mi fali? Nema one Hitchcockove napetosti. Tu sam valjda očekivao one njegove trademarkove, ali nisam ih dobio ili ih možda nisam uočio. Kinematografski sjajan. North by Northwest mi je na prvo gledanje bio samo jako dobar pa mi je na drugo gledanje remek djelo tako da će pasti drugo gledanje u narednim mjesecima.

8=======-o/8==========o (7.5/10)
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"