A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)

Stara škola i provjereni klasici. Od Cecile B. De Millea pa sve do Hitchcocka u punom zanosu.
remike2

A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)

Post by remike2 » 26 Sep 2010, 11:35

O filmu:
A Streetcar Named Desire is a 1951 American romantic drama film adaptation of the 1947 play of the same name by Tennessee Williams, who also wrote the screenplay with Oscar Saul. It was directed by Elia Kazan, who had also directed the original stage production, and stars Marlon Brando, Vivien Leigh, Kim Hunter, and Karl Malden; all but Leigh were chosen from the Broadway cast of the play, while Leigh had starred in the London West End production. It was produced by talent agent and lawyer Charles K. Feldman, and released by Warner Bros. The film had many revisions to remove references to homosexuality, among other things. A Streetcar Named Desire marked as the first film ever to win three out of four acting categories at Academy Award, including Best Actress for Leigh, Best Supporting Actor for Malden, and Best Supporting Actress for Hunter. Only Brando's performance as Stanley Kowalski did not win the Oscar. The film also marked as the first film ever to won both Best Supporting Actor and Best Supporting Actress at the Academy Award.

Glumačka postava:
Vivien Leigh
Marlon Brando
Kim Hunter
Karl Malden
Rudy Bond

Plot:
Blanche is in real need of a protector at this stage in her life when circumstances lead her into paying a visit to her younger sister Stella in New Orleans. She doesn't understand how Stella, who is expecting her first child, could have picked a husband so lacking in refinement. Stanley Kowalski's buddies come over to the house to play cards and one of them, Mitch, finds Blanche attractive until Stanley tells him about what kind of a woman Blanche really is. What will happen when Stella goes to the hospital to have her baby and just Blanche and her brother-in-law are in the house?

Trailer:
http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index.jsp?cid=8151

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Asfodel

Re: A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)

Post by Asfodel » 26 Sep 2010, 15:31

Stellaaaaa!
I mean, a few little tiny murders and everyone just freaks out

remike2

Post by remike2 » 26 Sep 2010, 18:08

Legendaran i prekrasan film! :supz:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

hannamarin

Post by hannamarin » 02 Sep 2016, 11:56

I like this film, I have watched it twice! http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/a-street ... sire-essay has an essay about this film, check it now for some interesting facts!