The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)

Stara škola i provjereni klasici. Od Cecile B. De Millea pa sve do Hitchcocka u punom zanosu.
chatterer

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)

Post by chatterer » 05 Sep 2010, 00:36

Wikipedia wrote:The Treasure of the Sierra Madre is John Huston's 1948 American feature film adaptation of B. Traven's 1927 novel of the same name, in which two impecunious Americans (Humphrey Bogart and Tim Holt) during 1920s in Mexico join with an old-timer (Walter Huston, the director's father) to prospect for gold. The old-timer accurately predicts trouble, but is willing to go anyway. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre was one of the first Hollywood films to be filmed almost entirely on location outside the United States (in the state of Durango and street scenes in Tampico, Mexico), although the night scenes were filmed back in the studio. The film is quite faithful to the novel.
Plot
Fred C. Dobbs and Bob Curtin, both down on their luck in Tampico, Mexico in 1925, meet up with a grizzled prospector named Howard and decide to join with him in search of gold in the wilds of central Mexico. Through enormous difficulties, they eventually succeed in finding gold, but bandits, the elements, and most especially greed threaten to turn their success into disaster. Written by Jim Beaver

Cast

Humphrey Bogart ... Dobbs
Walter Huston ... Howard
Tim Holt ... Curtin
Bruce Bennett ... Cody
Barton MacLane ... McCormick (as Barton Mac Lane)
Alfonso Bedoya ... Gold Hat
Arturo Soto Rangel ... Presidente (as A. Soto Rangel)
Manuel Dondé ... El Jefe (as Manuel Donde)
José Torvay ... Pablo (as Jose Torvay)
Margarito Luna ... Pancho

IMDb

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

remike2

Re: The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)

Post by remike2 » 05 Sep 2010, 09:55

Odličan film, jedan od najboljih svih vremena.
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

elrania

Re: The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948)

Post by elrania » 18 Sep 2011, 16:46

ovo je zbilja odlično i iscrpno ostvarenje. na momente predvidljivo, ali ne ispašta zbog toga uopće.
humphrey je pak potrvdio koliko odličan može biti u nekoj ušminkanoj noir ulozi i u ulozi kompletne seljačine te koliko mi god užasan bio u ovom filmu, još sam ga više zavoljela zbog toga. :)

Michel

MICHELOVE AVANTURE

Post by Michel » 08 Feb 2015, 11:35

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948) - poznati klasik o dvoje ljudi koji se upoznaju na jednom poslu i tamo čuju priču o blagu od jednog starijeg gospodina. Ubrzo njih troje krenu na put, na iskpovanje zlata u toj planini/rudniku, a prijete im različite nevolje od razbojnika do indijanaca. Fenomenalan film. Ovo je vjerojatno Bogartova najbolja uloga u kojoj sam ga gledao. Odličan je kao zlikovac, kao pohlepan čovjek kojemu se uvuče sva ta paranoja zbog koje poludi i svako malo optužuje preostalih dvoje da zlato žele samo za sebe, da će otići bez njega. Ali onaj ko je još bolji od njega je Walter Huston koji je zasluženo osvojio Oscara za sporednu ulogu. Odličan je kao taj stariji gospodin koji sve ima u malom prstu, i koji pokušava spasiti situaciju. Razbojnici su isto vrhunski napravljeni. Pogotovo njihova uvjeravanja kako im ne žele ništa.

8=========o/8==========o (9/10)
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"