Stagecoach (1939)

Stara škola i provjereni klasici. Od Cecile B. De Millea pa sve do Hitchcocka u punom zanosu.
chatterer

Stagecoach (1939)

Post by chatterer » 05 Sep 2010, 00:23

Wikipedia wrote:Stagecoach is a 1939 American Western film directed by John Ford, starring Claire Trevor and John Wayne in his breakthrough role. The screenplay, written by Dudley Nichols and Ben Hecht, is an adaptation of "The Stage to Lordsburg", a 1937 short story by Ernest Haycox. The film follows a group of strangers riding on a stagecoach through dangerous Apache territory.

Although Ford had made many westerns in the silent film era, he had never directed a sound western. Between 1929–1939, he directed films of almost every other genre, including Wee Willie Winkie (1937) starring Shirley Temple.[1] Stagecoach was to be his first sound western and the first of many that Ford made on location in Monument Valley, in the American southwest on the Arizona-Utah border, many of which also starred John Wayne.
Plot:
A simple stagecoach trip is complicated by the fact that Geronimo is on the warpath in the area. The passengers on the coach include a a drunken doctor, two women, a bank manager who has taken off with his client's money, and the famous Ringo Kid, among others.

Cast

Claire Trevor ... Dallas
John Wayne ... Ringo Kid
Andy Devine ... Buck
John Carradine ... Hatfield
Thomas Mitchell ... Doc Boone
Louise Platt ... Lucy Mallory
George Bancroft ... Curley
Donald Meek ... Peacock

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Michel

MIX MIX MARATON: PART FIVE

Post by Michel » 13 Jul 2014, 18:57

Stagecoach (1939) - izvrstan western sa mladim Johnom Wayneom. Nisam ga navikao gledati tako mladog. Radi se o kočiji koja prevozi različite slojeve ljudi, a uskoro im se prokuljuči i bivši robijaš Kid kojeg glumi John Wayne. Sami film nije klasičan western gdje imamo uglavnom obračune već se kao i Tragači koji su mi btw. precijenjeni bavi socijalnim temama. Kasnije ima akcije i borbi s indijancima.

8========-o/8==========o (8.5/10)
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"