Bad Day at Black Rock (1955)

Stara škola i provjereni klasici. Od Cecile B. De Millea pa sve do Hitchcocka u punom zanosu.
chatterer

Bad Day at Black Rock (1955)

Post by chatterer » 05 Sep 2010, 00:04

Wikipedia wrote:Bad Day at Black Rock (1955) is a thriller film directed by John Sturges that combines elements of Westerns and film noir. It tells the story of a mysterious stranger who arrives at a tiny isolated town in a desert of the southwest United States in search of a man. It stars Spencer Tracy, Robert Ryan, Anne Francis, Dean Jagger, Walter Brennan, John Ericson, Ernest Borgnine and Lee Marvin. The movie was adapted by Don McGuire and Millard Kaufman from the story Bad Day at Hondo by Howard Breslin

Plot:
John J. Macreedy doesn't know it, but when he steps off the train at the jerkwater town of Black Rock, he will soon find himself the object of fear, hatred, and even a murder plot! The altruistic Macreedy came to Black Rock to hand over a posthumous military award to a local man whose son had died gallantly in the Second World War. What Macreedy couldn't know when he stepped off of that train was that the town had a shameful secret, one that must be kept at all costs. Written by Alfred Jingle

Cast
(Complete credited cast)

Spencer Tracy ... John J. Macreedy
Robert Ryan ... Reno Smith
Anne Francis ... Liz Wirth
Dean Jagger ... Tim Horn
Walter Brennan ... Doc Velie
John Ericson ... Pete Wirth
Ernest Borgnine ... Coley Trimble
Lee Marvin ... Hector David
Russell Collins ... Mr. Hastings
Walter Sande ... Sam

Michel

SMALL TOWNS

Post by Michel » 31 Mar 2014, 22:35

Bad Day at Black Rock (1955) - Spencer Tracy, Walter Brennan, Ernest Borgnine i Lee Marvin u filmu od Johna Sturgesa (Sedam veličanstvenih i Veliki bijeg), a radnja se dešava 1945. godine gdje Spencer Tracy dolazi u jedan jako jako mali gradić od par desetina ljudi, a to je gradić na kojem je još uvijek divlji zapad. Dolazi kao čovjek o kojem ne znamo ništa, ali znamo da traži neke odgovore, ali naići će na jako neugodne stanovnike koji ga ne prihvaćaju.

8========o/8==========o (8/10)
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"