The Philadelphia Story (1940)

Stara škola i provjereni klasici. Od Cecile B. De Millea pa sve do Hitchcocka u punom zanosu.
remike2

The Philadelphia Story (1940)

Post by remike2 » 03 Sep 2010, 12:51

O filmu:
The Philadelphia Story is a 1940 American romantic comedy film. It was directed by George Cukor, starring Cary Grant, Katharine Hepburn, and James Stewart. Based on the Broadway play of the same name by Philip Barry, with screenplay by Donald Ogden Stewart and an uncredited Waldo Salt, the film is about a socialite whose wedding plans are complicated by the simultaneous arrival of her ex-husband and an attractive journalist. It is considered one of the best examples of a comedy of remarriage, a genre popular in the 1930s and 1940s, in which a couple divorce, flirt with outsiders and then remarry – a useful story-telling ploy at a time when the depiction of extramarital affairs was blocked by the Production Code. The play was Hepburn's first great triumph after several movie flops had led to movie theater owners including her on a list of actors viewed as "box office poison." She purchased the film rights to the play, with the help of Howard Hughes, in order to control it as a vehicle for her movie comeback. The Philadelphia Story was nominated for six Academy Awards, and won two: Stewart for Best Actor and Donald Ogden Stewart for Best Adapted Screenplay. It was adapted in 1956 as the musical High Society, starring Bing Crosby, Grace Kelly, Frank Sinatra and Louis Armstrong. In 1995, The Philadelphia Story film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry.

Glumačka postava:
Cary Grant
Katharine Hepburn
James Stewart
Ruth Hussey

Plot:
Philadelphia heiress Tracy Lord throws out her playboy husband C.K. Dexter Haven shortly after their marriage. Two years later, Tracy is about to marry respectable George Kittredge whilst Dexter has been working for "Spy" magazine. Dexter arrives at the Lord's mansion the day before the wedding with writer Mike Connor and photographer Liz Imbrie, determined to spoil things.

Trailer:
http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index.jsp?cid=16745

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

remike2

Re: The Philadelphia Story (1940)

Post by remike2 » 03 Sep 2010, 12:52

Jedna od najboljih romantičnih komedija ikad napravljenih te definitivno jedan od najboljih filmova svih vremena, nisam ga dosta dugo gledao, no mogao bi opet uskoro, prekrasan film. 8)
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Asfodel

Post by Asfodel » 03 Sep 2010, 15:19

Joj miješa mi se s još jednim filmom
SpoilerShow
Jel se ona u tom filmu odlučuje između trojice muškaraca na kraju?
I mean, a few little tiny murders and everyone just freaks out

remike2

Post by remike2 » 03 Sep 2010, 15:42

Asfodel wrote:Joj miješa mi se s još jednim filmom
SpoilerShow
Jel se ona u tom filmu odlučuje između trojice muškaraca na kraju?
SpoilerShow
Da i to između bivšeg muža, zaručnika i reportera.

Asfodel

Post by Asfodel » 03 Sep 2010, 15:54

Ahaa :D ...onda i ja volim taj film
SpoilerShow
Na kraju odabere onog za kojeg nisam navijala i odveze se s njim na motoru ili čemu već (ako se dobro sjećam?)
Cary Grant mi je bio favorit.
I mean, a few little tiny murders and everyone just freaks out

chatterer

Post by chatterer » 04 Sep 2010, 20:31

Cary i Jimmy zajedno u filmu :)

Katharine je ovdje još primamljivo izgledala