Citizen Kane (1941)

Stara škola i provjereni klasici. Od Cecile B. De Millea pa sve do Hitchcocka u punom zanosu.
remike2

Citizen Kane (1941)

Post by remike2 » 31 Jul 2010, 18:33

O filmu:
Citizen Kane is a 1941 American drama film, directed by and starring Orson Welles. The film is often considered the greatest of all time and is particularly praised for its innovative cinematography, music and narrative structure. Citizen Kane was Welles' first feature film. The film was nominated for Academy Awards in nine categories; it won an Academy Award for Best Writing (Original Screenplay) by Herman Mankiewicz and Welles. It was released by RKO Pictures. The story is a roman à clef that examines the life and legacy of Charles Foster Kane, played by Welles, a character based upon the American newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst and Welles' own life. Upon its release, Hearst prohibited mention of the film in any of his newspapers. Kane's career in the publishing world is born of idealistic social service, but gradually evolves into a ruthless pursuit of power. Narrated principally through flashbacks, the story is revealed through the research of a newsreel reporter seeking to solve the mystery of the newspaper magnate's dying word: "Rosebud." After his success in the theatre with his Mercury Players and his controversial 1938 radio broadcast of War of the Worlds, Welles was courted by Hollywood. He signed a contract with RKO Pictures in 1939. Unusual for an untried director, he was given the freedom to develop his own story, use his own cast and crew and was given final cut privilege. Following two abortive attempts to get a project off the ground, he developed the screenplay of Citizen Kane with Herman Mankiewicz. Principal photography took place in 1940 and the film received its American release in 1941. A critical success, Kane failed to recoup its costs at the box-office. The film faded from view soon after but its reputation was restored, initially by French critics and more widely after its American revival in 1956. There is a semi-official consensus among film critics that Citizen Kane is the greatest film ever made, which has led Roger Ebert to quip: "So it's settled: Citizen Kane is the official greatest film of all time." It topped both the AFI's 100 Years... 100 Movies list and the 10th Anniversary Update, as well as all of the Sight & Sound polls of the 10 greatest films for nearly half a century.

Glumačka postava:
Orson Welles
Joseph Cotten
Dorothy Comingore
Everett Sloane
Ray Collins

Plot:
A group of reporters who are trying to decipher the last word ever spoke by Charles Foster Kane, the millionaire newspaper tycoon: "Rosebud." The film begins with a news reel detailing Kane's life for the masses, and then from there, we are shown flashbacks from Kane's life. As the reporters investigate further, the viewers see a display of a fascinating man's rise to fame, and how he eventually fell off the "top of the world."

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyv19bg0scg

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

remike2

Re: Citizen Kane (1941)

Post by remike2 » 31 Jul 2010, 18:34

Remek djelo za sva vremena, za mene među 5 najboljih filmova svih vremena, savršenstvo!
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Boby

Post by Boby » 31 Jul 2010, 19:25

Jako me se dojmio kada sam ga pogledao na Novu godinu prije godinu i pol dana. Od svega, najviše pamtim upečaljiv uvod i snažan završetak koji me je poprilično pogodil.

chatterer

Post by chatterer » 31 Jul 2010, 20:00

Boby wrote:snažan završetak koji me je poprilično pogodil.
slažem se, nezaboravan završetak... Šteta što mi je priča nezanimljiva

Annabel_Lee

Post by Annabel_Lee » 30 Jul 2013, 10:47

Dobar, jako dobar, ali imala sam ogromna očekivanja pa je na kraju ostavio mlak dojam. Svakako ga moram još koji put pogledati i zaboraviti to da je valjda na svakom popisu najboljih filmova svih vremena...

Decadentor

Post by Decadentor » 26 Oct 2015, 20:34

Nekako mi nije sjeo, cijela prica mi je poprilicno nezanimljiva i samo sam cekao da zavrsi, ono u prvih 5 min ispricaju sve i onda 2 sata gledamo tu istu pricu samo detaljniju. 6/10