It Happened One Night (1934)

Stara škola i provjereni klasici. Od Cecile B. De Millea pa sve do Hitchcocka u punom zanosu.
chatterer

It Happened One Night (1934)

Post by chatterer » 24 Apr 2010, 19:50

IMDb

Director:
Frank Capra

Genre:
Comedy | Romance

Tagline:
Two great lovers of the screen in the grandest of romantic comedies !

Plot:
A spoiled heiress, running away from her family, is helped by a man who's actually a reporter looking for a story. But then he falls for her...

Cast:

Clark Gable ... Peter Warne
Claudette Colbert ... Ellie Andrews
Walter Connolly ... Andrews
Roscoe Karns ... Shapeley
Jameson Thomas ... Westley King

Wikipedia wrote:It Happened One Night is a 1934 American comedy film with elements of screwball comedy directed by Frank Capra, in which a pampered socialite (Claudette Colbert) tries to get out from under her father's thumb, and falls in love with a roguish reporter (Clark Gable). The plot was based on the story Night Bus by Samuel Hopkins Adams, which provided the shooting title. It Happened One Night was one of the last film romantic comedies created before the MPAA began enforcing the 1930 production code in 1934. In spite of its title the movie takes place over several nights and none is particularly key to the plot.

The film was the first to win all five major Academy Awards (Best Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, and Screenplay), a feat that would not be matched until One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) and later by The Silence of the Lambs (1991). In 1993, It Happened One Night was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant." It was remade as a 1956 musical comedy, You Can't Run Away from It, starring Jack Lemmon and June Allyson.
Trailer

Boby

Re: It Happened One Night (1934)

Post by Boby » 24 Apr 2010, 20:13

Drage bih volje ubacio osvrt ali ovaj film mi tek predstoji pogledati; ukoliko ga uopće ima na našem tržištu.

chatterer

Re: It Happened One Night (1934)

Post by chatterer » 27 Apr 2010, 22:11

nadam se da ima, bio bi grijeh da ovakvu klasiku nije moguće nigdje nabaviti.

Michel

FRANK CAPRA

Post by Michel » 18 Jan 2014, 15:42

It Happened One Night (1934) - jedan od najpoznatijih Caprinih filmova sa Šarmatnim Clarkom Gableom. Prvi film u povijesti koji je osvojio svih 5 glavnih Oscara (kasnije je to uspjelo još samo kukavičjem gnijezdu i jaganjcima). Imao sam visoka očekivanja koja nažalost nisu opravdana, ali i dalje se radi o jako dobrom i simpatičnom filmu. Gable glumi novinara koji susreće jednu gospođicu u busu, a tu gospođicu njezin otac traži/lovi i Gable joj odluči pomoći. Otad kreće njihova pustolovina.

8=======-o/8==========o (7.5/10)
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"