The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (1943)

Stara škola i provjereni klasici. Od Cecile B. De Millea pa sve do Hitchcocka u punom zanosu.
Michel

The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (1943)

Post by Michel » 24 May 2018, 15:36

Imdb
Wiki

Directors: Michael Powell, Emeric Pressburger
Writers: Michael Powell, Emeric Pressburger
Stars: Roger Livesey, Deborah Kerr, Anton Walbrook

Portrays in warm-hearted detail the life and loves of one extraordinary man. We meet the imposingly rotund General Clive Wynne-Candy, a blustering old duffer who seems the epitome of stuffy, outmoded values. Traveling backwards 40 years we see a different man altogether: the young and dashing officer "Sugar" Candy. Through a series of relationships with three women and his lifelong friendship with a German officer, we see Candy's life unfold and come to understand how difficult it is for him to adapt his sense of military honor to modern notions of "total war."

"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"

Michel

SVJETSKI HLADNI RAT

Post by Michel » 24 May 2018, 15:36

The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (1943) - film od Michael Powella u trajanju od skoro tri sata o jednom generalu kojeg zatoče mladi vojnici i polako se vraćamo u prošlost i pratimo život tog generala i kako je postao to što je. Kako ga je moć pokvarila. Stvarno izuzetan film s odličnim glumcima. Deborah Kerr je prelijepa ovdje, a Anton Walbrook i Roger Livesey prvo kao suparnici pa kasnije kao prijatelji odradili fantastičan posao. Jako lijepo snimljen u tehnicoloru, pratimo ih kroz prvi i drugi svjetski rat, ali rat samo služi kao okvir i kako na njih utječe.

8========-o/8==========o (8.5/10)
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"