Michel

Saint Maud (2019)

Post by Michel » 10 Apr 2021, 04:26

Imdb
Wiki

Director: Rose Glass
Writer: Rose Glass
Stars: Morfydd Clark, Jennifer Ehle, Lily Knight

There, but for the grace of God, goes Maud, a reclusive young nurse whose impressionable demeanor causes her to pursue a pious path of Christian devotion after an obscure trauma. Now charged with the hospice care of Amanda, a retired dancer ravaged by cancer, Maud's fervent faith quickly inspires an obsessive conviction that she must save her ward's soul from eternal damnation - whatever the cost. Making her feature film debut, writer-director Rose Glass cannily lures the audience into this disturbed psyche, steadily setting up her veritable diary of a country nurse for an unnerving and ultimately shocking trajectory. Morfydd Clark (also at the Festival in The Personal History of David Copperfield) portrays the sanctimonious Maud with an intense stoicism that belies a disquieting vulnerability, as Maud desperately vies for absolution and solidarity from her embittered patient (an enthralling Jennifer Ehle, also at the Festival in Beneath the Blue Suburban Skies). Glass tenderly ...

"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"

Michel

HORROR HR 2019.

Post by Michel » 10 Apr 2021, 04:27

Saint Maud (2019) - ovaj film je posebno pohvalio Mark Kermode za kojeg znam da je velik horor fan i stvarno zna dosta o hororima, ali ovaj put si u krivu Mark (o hey Mark)... Isto debi ali od ženskog redatelja film kratko traje (sat i 20) ali većina filma je dosada čak i meni koji volim psihološke horor drame. Gluma je dobra, ima nekoliko ok scena i kraj je jako dobar ali ostalo nisam zadovoljan. Šteta, moglo je to bolje iako sa psihološke strane to je sve u redu, ali što da radim kad nije kliknulo.

5.5/10
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"