Marrowbone (2017)

Od Velike Britanije do Rusije; od Italije do Norveške
HorrorHR
Site Admin

Marrowbone (2017)

Post by HorrorHR » 13 Sep 2017, 08:28

A young man and his four younger siblings, who have kept secret the death of their beloved mother in order to remain together, are plagued by a sinister presence in the sprawling manor in which they live.
Director: Sergio G. Sánchez
Writer: Sergio G. Sánchez
Stars: Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Heaton, George MacKay

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5886440/

HorrorHR
Site Admin

Re: Marrowbone (2017)

Post by HorrorHR » 13 Sep 2017, 08:29

[TIFF Review] ‘Marrowbone’ is An Overly Complicated Ghost Story
http://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews/34 ... ost-story/
Unfortunately, Marrowbone can’t stop introducing new angles to its story. What begins as a haunted house film expands to include a love triangle between Jack, Allie and an ambitious local lawyer (Kyle Soller). Then a murder mystery is introduced, along with a subplot involving the lawyer’s promising new job in New York and a lingering question about why Jane (Mia Goth), Billy (Charlie Heaton) and Sam are forced to stay in the house. All of the loose ends do come together in the end, but an unsurprising twist that any horror fan worth their salt will see coming a mile away doesn’t stick the landing, resulting in a mildly unsatisfying resolution. It’s not a deal breaker, but it is problematic enough to give pause.

On the whole Marrowbone is worth a watch for its atmosphere, set design and some pretty decent set pieces, including a nifty one involving a dark attic and a limited number of matches. While Sánchez’s screenplay could have done with fewer subplots, his directorial debut remains eminently watchable. Just ensure that you’re going in looking for more than a ghost story.

GreenHornet

Re: Marrowbone (2017)

Post by GreenHornet » 01 Mar 2018, 15:58

huh, ne znam sta bi ti rekao- odlicna atmosfera citav film, bas nekako jeziva i zlokobna, ista takva je i lokacija, par ok scena, i vrhunski twist. sve ostalo-nisam odusevljen-na trenutke dosadnjikav, prerazvucen, bilo je potencijala za vise strasnijih i jezovitijih scena.ono-fali mu nesto jos, ne znam sta. pogledajte svakako, vjerujem da ce se mnogima dopasti vise nego meni. ne kazem da je los, dapace, ali trebalo je to puno bolje ispasti.
Zaljubljen sam u Fräulein Unbekann!!!!!