Blood (1997) VG

Igre za sve platforme
dr_gonzo

Blood (1997) VG

Post by dr_gonzo » 25 Mar 2015, 10:07

Blood is a first-person shooter video game developed by Monolith Productions and published by GT Interactive Software. The full version was released for the PC on May 31, 1997.
The Blood franchise was continued with two official expansion packs titled Plasma Pak (developed by Monolith) and Cryptic Passage (developed by Sunstorm Interactive). Later, a sequel entitled Blood II: The Chosen was released on October 31, 1998. The game was released on Steam along with its two expansion packs on July 14, 2014, utilizing the DOSBox emulator to run on modern systems.

Plot:
"- Blood takes place in an unspecified time period that often resembles WWI-Era (and prior) Europe and America. Caleb is a resurrected Wild West gunslinger or similar pulp fiction anti-hero, but the various levels contain elements from the 1920s, 1930s, and 1940s, in addition to futuristic and retro-futuristic technologies (reference to Tesla) and a faint occult weird West theme. Many elements are deliberately anachronistic, including weapons, pop-culture references and other details. The game's sequel, Blood II: The Chosen, retroactively dates the game to the year 1928.
The game's protagonist is Caleb (voiced by Stephan Weyte), once the supreme commander of a cult called "The Cabal", worshippers of the forgotten god Tchernobog (voiced by Monolith CEO Jason Hall). Although the back-story was not delineated in the game itself, the Monolith website and a readme text document presented the few facts known about Caleb's early career.

Already known as a merciless gunfighter in the late 19th century American West, Caleb joined the Cabal in 1871 after meeting Ophelia Price, a woman whose husband and son may have been murdered by the members of the Cabal; it is implied that she later became Caleb's lover. Together they rose to the highest circle of the dark cult, "The Chosen", until all four members of The Chosen were betrayed and killed by Tchernobog for unspecified failures in the god's name. Many years later, Caleb mysteriously rises from his grave, declaring, "I live...AGAIN!", (one of many in-game quotes from Army of Darkness) seeking both vengeance and answers. He must lay waste to many occult enemies as he explores worlds through various Cabal strongholds and hellish pits, to find and end the dark god Tchernobog.
Dressed in a black trenchcoat and broad-brimmed hat, his eyes glowing red, Caleb immediately begins his quest, riddling Blood's world with bullets and dark humor. Caleb is a cynical, sarcastic, somewhat sadistic man, taking pleasure in killing almost anything that may impede his quest. Caleb has a slight attitude change between Blood and its sequel Blood II: The Chosen where he begins to show more tolerance for innocent bystanders.

Blood is organized in four episodes, each consisting of eight or nine levels ("maps"), categorized into six or seven regular levels, one "boss" level and a secret level. Some locations are drawn to resemble Twentieth Century cities, with civil buildings, museums, pubs, shopping centers and so on; a few levels are centered upon a particular location, like a mortuary, train station, carnival, sewer, hospital or lumber mill, and each is designed to include elements typical of these places (e.g. a crematorium in the mortuary, attractions at the carnival and so on). Maps built around moving vehicles are present as well; the third level is set aboard a moving train, for example. Several other levels have a typical Victorian or Edwardian architectural style and this is used especially in some atmospheric "haunted house" levels. Levels with a more "fantastic" setting abound in the last episode of Blood which takes place in several evil temples and even in a fully organic setting, whose walls, ceiling and floor are all composed of flesh and blood."

Recenzija igre

"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

HorrorHR
Site Admin

Re: Blood (1997) VG

Post by HorrorHR » 25 Mar 2015, 19:49

Obožavao sam ovu igru! :rock: Zaboravio do danas da je postojala :zubifale:

Truba

Post by Truba » 25 Mar 2015, 21:46

joj
nisam gejmer nikad bio ali sam ovo igrao
strangers in the night
budi sjecanja
www.lasetta.net :axe:

HorrorHR
Site Admin

Post by HorrorHR » 25 Mar 2015, 22:19

i mogao si vilama probijati ove leševe koji vise... oldskul ;)

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 26 Mar 2015, 08:36

Jedan sam od rijetkih koji je više volio ovu igru od Dooma... Bit će to zbog horor referenci porazbacanih po cijeloj igri. Najviše zbog Army of Darkness izjava :prayer: :supz:
I danas mi igra ima najjebačkiji sound što se tiče svega a ne samo govora.

Caleb: [after seeing a frozen frozen Jack Torrance] Here's Johnny!

Caleb: [looks at coffins] They'll need a lot more of these!

Blood quotes part I
Blood quotes part II

Caleb: I want Jojo! I want Jojo! JOJO! JOJO!

Caleb: [after finding the secret area with a grave with a raven on ot and a shotgun inside] Nevermore!

Blood: Cultist Phrases and Sounds

Blood - Easter Eggs Collection

Built on the same engine used to power Duke Nukem 3D.

Sa IMDb-a:
I first came across this game in 2000, 3 years after it's release. I was very familiar with Duke Nukem and Shadow Warrior games from 3D realms, and they were both great, but this game, leaved some special impression on me. I was really thrilled after my first game, and after I finished it, I felt sorry. The game offers you really haunting, creepy atmosphere, eerie opponents and ominous musical scores and sound effects. There are also references from such movies as "Psycho" and "The Shining", also "A Nightmare on the Elm Street" and "Friday the 13th". I often played it in the dark, because it enhances the atmosphere even more. Because, you find yourself sometimes in such places filled with thunders, lightning, some strange deep voices that repeats itself over and over again, and that's what I find about this game to be so cool, even for an old game, to leave such a strong impression. You are Kaleb, once a soldier in armies of darkness, leaded by the Tchernobog (Devil). Kaleb and his love Ophelia were betrayed by the Tchernobog and killed. Thus, Kaleb rises from the dead and start seeking justice and revenge through dark, cold levels and other hellholes. Kaleb is not as Duke Nukem, or Lo Wang, he is more of a tortured soul who also have one liners filled with dark humor. The gameplay is good, Kaleb is agile and has a cool set of weapons. Overall, try this game, it really is entertaining and scary as hell. I recommend it.

Igru treba rimejkati to je sigurno.
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

Deimos

Post by Deimos » 31 Aug 2016, 08:43

jedno vrijeme je bio aktivan "transfusion", odnosno direktan remake na quake enginu. ali vidim da je, nažalost, to zamrlo

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 28 Jan 2018, 22:52

Na zalost...

- Charles Bukowski -

Truba

Post by Truba » 28 Jan 2018, 23:55

budi sjecanja...
i dalje
www.lasetta.net :axe: