Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)

Post by chatterer » 02 Sep 2010, 14:24

Director:
Don Siegel

Writers:
Daniel Mainwaring (screenplay)
Jack Finney (Collier's magazine serial)

Plot:
A small-town doctor learns that the population of his community is being replaced by emotionless alien duplicates.

Cast:
Kevin McCarthy ... Dr. Miles J. Bennell
Dana Wynter ... Becky Driscoll
Larry Gates ... Dr. Dan 'Danny' Kauffman
King Donovan ... Jack Belicec
Carolyn Jones ... Theodora 'Teddy' Belicec
Jean Willes ... Nurse Sally Withers
Ralph Dumke ... Police Chief Nick Grivett
Virginia Christine ... Wilma Lentz
Tom Fadden ... Uncle Ira Lentz
Wikipedia wrote:Invasion of the Body Snatchers is a 1956 horror science fiction film based on the novel The Body Snatchers by Jack Finney (originally serialized in Colliers Magazine in 1954). It stars Kevin McCarthy, Dana Wynter, King Donovan, and Carolyn Jones. The screenplay was adapted from Finney's novel by Daniel Mainwaring, along with an uncredited Richard Collins, and was directed by Don Siegel. The film is the first and most critically acclaimed of the novel's four film adaptations to date.

In 1994, Invasion of the Body Snatchers was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant". In June 2008, the American Film Institute revealed its "Ten top Ten" — the best ten films in ten "classic" American film genres — after polling over 1,500 people from the creative community. Invasion of the Body Snatchers was acknowledged as the ninth best film in the science fiction genre. The film also placed number 47 on AFI's 100 Years... 100 Thrills, a list of America's most heart-pounding films.
ImageImageImageImageImage

DrugsBunny

Re: Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)

Post by DrugsBunny » 02 Sep 2010, 14:26

Imam na kompu, nisam još pogledao.
...I wrapped our love in all this foil,
Silver-tight like spider legs
I never wanted it to ever spoil,
But flies will lay their eggs...

chatterer

Post by chatterer » 02 Sep 2010, 15:03

ne moram ti niti reći da što prije ispraviš grešku :P

jedino što me kopka
SpoilerShow
kako su uspjeli Becky zamijeniti?

remike2

Post by remike2 » 02 Sep 2010, 15:21

Odličan film. :supz:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

elrania

Post by elrania » 08 Aug 2011, 17:46

nisam najluđa za SFom, ali filmovi poput blade runnera, strange days pa vraćanje na ovakvo što dosta bude tu neku malu iskru koja ipak postoji.
super odrađen film - pametni dijalozi, ležernost, ali i zamjetna pompoznost, dinamičnost i zbilja puno toga rečenog i obavljenog u sat i 20 koliko traje.
lijep filmić :)

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 09 Jul 2015, 11:07

remike2 wrote:Odličan film. :supz:
Upravo tako :prayer:
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

Michel

Post by Michel » 30 Dec 2023, 11:52

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956) - Siegolov klasik koji je nastao prema knjizi. Radnja filma je smještena u mali gradić gdje se ljudi počnu čudno ponašati. Pratimo jednog doktora kojemu pacijenti počinju govoriti da njihovi voljeni nisu njihovi voljeni već netko drugi. On naravno to ne vjeruje, ali ubrzo počinje uviđati i sam neke stvari. Napravljen u jeku atomskog oružja, komunizma i hladnog rata film odlično balansira paranoju i klaustrofobiju. Cijeli film je ustvari alegorija na dosta stvari tog doba, pogotovo komunisti. Bavi se i gubitkom identitea i što ako budu drugačiji, sa manje emocija. Dobro je odglumljen i režiran, definitivno ispred svojeg vremena i oduvijek mi je bio bolji od remakea. I onak kraj kada ode na autocestu pa viče, ikonska scena. Ili kad otkrije da Becky više nije Becky. 8.1/10

UTJECAJ/ZNAČAJ - svakako se radi o utjecajnom filmu gdje ga mnogi filmski časopisi stavljaju jako visoko kad su u pitanju znanstveno fantastični i horor filmovi. Uz to je dobio i više remakeova. Siegelov kultni klasik ostavio je neizbrisiv trag u kulturi u cjelini, uvodeći u popularnu upotrebu pojam 'ljudi mahune' (pod people), naziv za bezumne, bezdušne, nerazmišljajuće zombije ili one koji se, prema rječniku, “ponašaju čudno , mehanički, kao da nije potpuno ljudski”. A+, A, B+, B, C+, C
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"