The Sentinel (1977.)

Zagrijavanje za osamdesete
remike2

The Sentinel (1977.)

Post by remike2 » 01 Jun 2010, 21:46

O filmu:
The Sentinel is a 1977 horror film starring Chris Sarandon and Cristina Raines. It is based on the same-named novel by Jeffrey Konvitz who also co-wrote the screenplay with director Michael Winner. It is completely unrelated with the 2006 political thriller of the same name.

Glumačka postava:
Chris Sarandon
Cristina Raines
Martin Balsam
John Carradine
José Ferrer

Plot:
Alison Parker is a successful top model, living with the lawyer Michael Lerman in his apartment. She tried to commit suicide twice in the past: the first time, when she was a teenager and saw her father cheating her mother with two women in her home, and then when Michael's wife died. Since then, she left Christ and the Catholic Church behind. Alison wants to live alone in her own apartment and with the help of the real state agent Miss Logan, she finds a wonderful furnished old apartment in Brooklyn Heights for a reasonable rental. She sees a weird man in the window in the last floor of the building, and Miss Logan informs that he is Father Francis Matthew Halloran, a blinded priest who lives alone supported by the Catholic Church. Alison moves to her new place, and once there, she receives a visitor: her neighbor Charles Chazen welcomes her and introduces the new neighbors to her. Then, he invites Alison to his cat Jezebel's birthday party in the night. On the next day, weird things happen with Alison in her apartment and with her health. Alison looks for Miss Logan and is informed that she lives alone with the priest in the building. A further investigation shows that all the persons she knew in the party were dead criminals. Frightened with the situation, Alison embraces Christ again, while Michael investigates the creepy events. Alison realizes that she is living in the gateway to hell.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqEoIPbu2sg

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Damned_Thing

Re: The Sentinel (1977.)

Post by Damned_Thing » 06 Oct 2010, 22:21

Upravo sam pogledala film.. steta sto je ovakav film zaboravljen.. Odlican fil i dosta strasan (ima dobrih scena) za film it 70-tih, prica,gluma,atmosfera,mesto,efekti.. Pogledati :supz:

Ašow

Post by Ašow » 07 Oct 2010, 17:07

Gledo ga neki dan na TV-u i iskreno... bio mi je dosadan. :|
--------
Last.fm

kraykulla

Post by kraykulla » 10 Nov 2010, 08:15

meni ovo odlično ostvarenje.super spooky atmosfera,glumci,i genijalne creepy scene na kraju filma,ma svakako jedan od zaboravljenih dragulja. :supz:

Ghrall

Post by Ghrall » 10 Nov 2010, 14:12

Film za 5!

remike2

Post by remike2 » 11 Nov 2010, 18:59

kraykulla wrote:meni ovo odlično ostvarenje.super spooky atmosfera,glumci,i genijalne creepy scene na kraju filma,ma svakako jedan od zaboravljenih dragulja. :supz:
Slažem se, dosta podcijenjen film, jedan od jezivijih horrora s kraja 70-ih, preporuka za sve ljubitelje horrora iz 70-ih i općenito old school horrora.
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Michel

HOROR KLASICI 70-IH

Post by Michel » 05 Jun 2014, 17:24

The Sentinel (1977) - ovaj bi isto trebao biti kao neki podcijenjeni horor, ali nažalost nije. Zaslužuje sve kritike koje je dobio. Mislim, ovo ima previše sličnosti sa svetom trojkom horora, a da ne pričam koliko su scene razbacane. Razbacane scene u hororima jedino volim kod talijana i oni to znaju na kraju sve lijepo upotpuniti u neku širu sliku. Ovaj horor ima jednostavno previše scena u kojima redatelj ne zna što želi iako ima jezivih scena. Pogotovo njezina prva noć pa kad otvori vrata, a iza vrata oni čekaju. Ali ostalo jako slabo.

8=====o/8==========o (5/10)
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"