Messiah Of Evil (1971.)

Zagrijavanje za osamdesete
remike2

Messiah Of Evil (1971.)

Post by remike2 » 29 May 2010, 18:11

O filmu:
Messiah of Evil (later also shown under the title Dead People) is a film made in 1971 by Willard Huyck and Gloria Katz, the husband and wife team behind the film version of Howard the Duck as well as the screenplay for American women. It is considered by many horror critics to be one of the earliest "Nightmare" films, meaning that it portrays many dream-like, psychedelic scenes in an eerie, unsettling atmosphere. It has often been accused of borrowing liberally from the 1962 horror film Carnival of Souls. The movie is newly available and has been fully remastered by Code Red DVD and also available alongside The Devil's Nightmare.

Glumačka postava:
Michael Greer
Marianna Hill
Joy Bang
Anitra Ford
Royal Dano

Plot:
Arletty travels to dying coastal village Point Dune looking for her artist father but finds that he has disappeared. When she makes inquiries at a gallery, she learns that two women and a man have also been asking about him. She meats the beatnik trio as they are interviewing a tramp relating the grisly legend of Point Dune foretelling the return of "The Stranger" when the moon turns blood red. Thrown out of their motel, the trio shack up with Arletty at her father's seaside house and form a foursome of sexual tension. As they delve into Arletty's father's disappearance, the townspeoples' eyes have started bleeding and they've developed a taste for raw meat.

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.