CAST:
Ben Johnson ... Captain J.D. Morales
Andrew Prine ... Deputy Norman Ramsey
Dawn Wells ... Helen Reed
Jimmy Clem ... Sgt. Mal Griffin

IMDb ocijena : 5.9/10 (909 votes)
Foršpan filma

PLOT:
"- A Texas Ranger hunts for a hooded serial killer terrorizing the residents of a small town, set in 1946 Arkansas. Losely based on a true story - It is based on the Phantom Killer, who murdered five people in the 1940s in the city of Texarkana, Texas, at Spring Lake Park and was never caught.

This movie is a semi-documentary based on the real life string of mysterious killings that terrorized the people of Texarkana Texas in 1946. The murder spree became known as the "Texarkana Moonlight Murders" and ultimately would claim five lives and injure many others, the only description of the killer ever obtained was of a hooded man. To this day no one has been convicted and these murders remain unsolved."

Zanimljivosti:
- The killer in this film wears a white hood, just as Jason Voorhees does four years later in Friday the 13th Part 2.
- This film is referenced in the 1996 movie, Scream.

O FILMU:
- Apparently, this is quite a cult classic. It’s a bizarre little movie. All together it’s a pretty bad movie though. Some of the acting is laughably bad, the pacing lags and it elicits some unintentional laughs from the viewer. The only thing I really liked about it was Ben Johnson’s charismatic performance as the ace police captain who is brought in from the big city to investigate the crimes.

- Another chilling docu-thriller from director Charles B. Pierce (who made The Ledgend of Boggy Creek in 1972), this film being his best!

- An entertaining thriller from its shocking opening to its haunting conclusion, The Town That Dreaded Sundown is a B movie winner

- I saw this movie when it first came out in Miami, Florida. When the 6feet 8inch. psycho killer wearing a potato-sack as a mask with the eyes cut-out, appears, and butchers the lover-lane couple, with his heavy breathing and the potato sack mask going in and out, a young woman in her 20s ran out of the theater hysterical, and a few other women were screaming! Made a few years before the slasher films of the 1980s, this film was way before its time. The killer was brutal, sadistic, and very realistic. The murders were done in a very realistic manner, and with a cast of almost complete unknowns, it had a documentary feeling to it. Veteran character actor Ben Johnson was excellent as usual, and a nervous looking Andrew Perine did a creditable job, but it was the killer who stole the show. Excellent movie, tame by today's standards, but a horror classic never-the-less

- As for the killer himself, he is menacing for a few moments wearing the cloth hood chasing the helpless teenagers. Those few moments are the most effective in the movie. But every time he breaths the hood moves in and out making him look ridiculous. Apparently the real killer had a hole for his mouth. Here the filmmakers choose only to give him holes in the eyes. It ruins the desired effect.

- The only cool scene where was the killer killed a woman using her trombone as a 'weapon'. He attached a knife to it, 'playing' it so it stabbed her 3 times. That was pretty cool

Last edited by dr_gonzo on 16 Aug 2010, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 08 May 2010, 19:57

Ovaj film nikako da dođe na DVD-u jeben mu :(
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

elrania

Re: The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1977)

Post by elrania » 08 May 2010, 20:10

još jedan koji sam skinula davno i snimila i onda mi dvd crkne. ide i to opet na skidanje pa da ga konačno pogledam.

i plakat je odličan :D

Studeni

Post by Studeni » 08 May 2010, 20:11

plakat je maestralan
Another swig,
One last gulp,
One more tablet to pop,
Anything to get me to start
working on what I’ve been putting off

Truba

Post by Truba » 11 May 2010, 19:00

film nije nista posebno
www.lasetta.net :axe:

Wendigo

Post by Wendigo » 12 May 2010, 13:14

Studeni wrote:plakat je maestralan
yep, zanima me ovaj film od kad je dr.gonzo imao plakat na avataru samo kaj nikako da se sjetim skinuti ga.

Ghrall

Post by Ghrall » 13 May 2010, 00:53

Meni taj film baš nekako nije sjeo. Jednostavno mi nije zanimljiv.

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 15 May 2010, 16:57

Dok je meni jedan od najboljih serial killer filmova i jedan od najboljih proto slashera 8)

- Charles Bukowski -

kraykulla

Post by kraykulla » 08 Aug 2010, 10:47

meni je naprotiv zanimljiv i odličan i napet.dugo sam ga nabavljao i nije me razočarao.film je prva liga i toplo bih ga preporučio svima koji vole serial killer thrillere.10/10.

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 16 Aug 2010, 02:01

Evo napkon i odlične reklame filma

- Charles Bukowski -

HorrorHR
Site Admin

Post by HorrorHR » 16 Aug 2010, 22:53

još ga nema na nikakvom DVDu?

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 17 Aug 2010, 00:15

Nažalost još ništa :?

- Charles Bukowski -

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 02 May 2013, 17:05

Napokon :prayer: :prayer:

- Charles Bukowski -

Wheel Smith

Post by Wheel Smith » 20 Oct 2014, 13:14

vani je remake ako koga zanima
:supz: :supz: