Maximum Overdrive (1986.)

Zlatna era horor filmova
remike2

Maximum Overdrive (1986.)

Post by remike2 » 28 May 2010, 13:08

O filmu:
Maximum Overdrive is a 1986 fantasy horror film, written and directed by novelist Stephen King. The screenplay was inspired by and loosely based on King's short story, Trucks, which was included in King's first collection of short stories, Night Shift. Maximum Overdrive is Stephen King's first and only directorial effort, though dozens of films have been based on King's novels. The film contained black humor elements and a generally camp tone, which contrasts with King's sombre subject matter in books. The neophyte director was nominated for the title of "Worst Director" by the Golden Raspberry Awards in 1987. King himself described the film as a "moron movie" and stated his intention to never direct again soon after. In a 2002 interview with Tony Magistrale for the novel Hollywood's Stephen King, King stated that he was "coked out of my mind all through its production, and I really didn't know what I was doing." In spite of this, King stated in the same interview that he "learned a lot from the experience," and would "like to try directing again sometime." However, for the same reasons the film is viewed by some as a form of comedy horror and the film has retained a cult following. In 1988, Maximum Overdrive was nominated for "Best Film" at The International Fantasy Film Awards. The film is seen as more of a straight action movie, rather than a straight horror film. The film has a mid-1980s rock and roll/hard rock soundtrack composed entirely by the group AC/DC, Stephen King's favorite band. AC/DC's album, Who Made Who, was released as the Maximum Overdrive soundtrack. It includes the best-selling singles Who Made Who, You Shook Me All Night Long, and Hells Bells.

Glumačka postava:
Emilio Estevez
Pat Hingle
Laura Harrington
Yeardley Smith
J.C. Quinn

Plot:
When the tail of rogue comet Rhea-M passes through Earth's atmosphere, humanity's worst nightmares come to life as machines gradually develop minds of their own, turning on their creators in bloody rebellion. At the Dixie Boy truck stop just outside Wilmington, North Carolina, both workers and patrons alike are coming to grips with the horror as a series of increasingly bizarre accidents occur, some injurious, some near-fatal, and some fatal. The terror finally comes to a head when the parked trucks - led by one for a toy company which sports a demonically-smiling goblin face - each start up on their own, circling the truck stop and preventing anyone from getting in or out. Trapped by the trucks and an emotionless manager, a young ex-con takes it upon himself to lead the rescue of anyone in the immediate vicinity who's life is in danger, and to ultimately escape the truck stop and head to safety. Unfortunately, things become more complicated when a machine-gun-mounted mobile platform orders each of the humans to pump gasoline for the trucks. Pitted against an army of machines demonized by an unknown phenomenon, the people trapped in the Dixie Boy truck stop must use stealth and a concealed arsenal to escape. In the meantime, they realize that there is more to the tail of Rhea-M than they initially thought.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqz2rejJS6M

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Dragonrage

Re: Maximum Overdrive (1986.)

Post by Dragonrage » 28 May 2010, 13:35

Nije mi se svidio. U nekim djelovima OK...ali generalno...loše...

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 28 May 2010, 13:43

Dragonrage wrote:Nije mi se svidio. U nekim djelovima OK...ali generalno...loše...
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

HorrorHR
Site Admin

Post by HorrorHR » 28 May 2010, 14:13

gledao, zaboravio

loš poster užas :mrgreen:

Ghrall

Post by Ghrall » 28 May 2010, 14:21

Kaj sam jedini kojem je taj film dobar? Čak sam uživao u filmu. :)

Boby

Post by Boby » 28 May 2010, 15:32

Meni se je isto svidio za jednu trash razbibrigu; dobar soundtrack, odlični karikaturni likovi (neki više neki manje), nekoliko duhovitih scena te još toliko brutalnih. Jedan od onih filmova koji sebe ne uzima za ozbiljno i u tome se sasvim dobro snalazi.

john_constantine

Post by john_constantine » 28 May 2010, 16:07

Boby wrote:Meni se je isto svidio za jednu trash razbibrigu; dobar soundtrack, odlični karikaturni likovi (neki više neki manje), nekoliko duhovitih scena te još toliko brutalnih. Jedan od onih filmova koji sebe ne uzima za ozbiljno i u tome se sasvim dobro snalazi.
+ 1.
Michel puši karu.

dark_driving

Post by dark_driving » 31 May 2010, 17:58

bolje da se king nije primao rezije
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark_Driving-Torrents/686406401480443

remike2

Post by remike2 » 31 May 2010, 18:04

dark_driving wrote:bolje da se king nije primao rezije
Slažem se u potpunosti, da je možda netko drugi bio na mjestu režije uz bolji scenarij možda bi film i bio nešto posebno na kraju dok je ovako dosta slab ispao.
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

kraykulla

Post by kraykulla » 03 Jun 2010, 09:36

Ghrall wrote:Kaj sam jedini kojem je taj film dobar? Čak sam uživao u filmu. :)

nisi jedini.meni je bio odličan.imam original dvd i gledao sam ga bar tri puta ako ne i više.zakon je.

HorrorHR
Site Admin

Post by HorrorHR » 21 Jan 2014, 14:03

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 21 Jan 2014, 17:39

Najbolji je početak... AC/DC i cameo Kinga (Ashole scena) :rock:
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

popayy

Post by popayy » 21 Jan 2014, 17:57

Ovo nisam gledao sto godina, ali u sjećanju mi je ostao kao zabavavan blesavi hororac s fenomenalnim soundtrackom.
Kad bi ga danas pogledao vjerojatno bi ostao razočaran, filmom, ne mjuzom.

HorrorHR
Site Admin

Post by HorrorHR » 21 Jan 2014, 19:20

ako se ne sjećate kultne pregljumljene scene kliknite na recenziju, stavio sam jutjub klip tamo :D

Djuro

Post by Djuro » 22 Jan 2014, 00:11

Štef je režirao ovaj zaboravljiv film a glavno da se je posrao po svakom filmu napravljenom po njegovim knjigama i pričama