Directed by
Tom DeSimone

Written by
Randy Feldman

Release Date: 28 August 1981 (USA)
Runtime: 101 min
Foršpan filma...

PLOT:
"- Before being able to join Alpha Sigma Rho fraternity and its sister sorority, four pledges must spend the night in Garth Manor, twelve years to the day after the previous resident murdered his entire family. Some, however, say that one member of the Garth family survived, and still resides somewhere in the now-deserted mansion.."

O FILMU:
- HorrorHR recenzija filma
- Groblje Horrora recenzija

- Was I disappointed? No. Once you get past the cheesy opening with its gloriously B-movie style credits it turns into one of the more interesting stalk and slash films of the 80's

- Hell Night is a little slow moving and doesn't keep it's pace going once things start to happen and Linda Blair's acting is atrocious, but that aside Hell Night is a nice addition to the 80's slasher flicks. Good suspense, creepy locations and some nice scares earn Hell Night a 7 out of 10

- Overall, I found this to be a highly enjoyable, terrifying film experience. Certainly one of the most underrated horror movies

- The movie has no nudity, very little swearing and next to no violence, blood or gore---how did this get an R rating? Very dull--not even good enough for laughs. Avoid.

- I can't find anything good to recommend here. The pacing is way off, the acting is ludicrous and the script pure toilet paper. The effective castle surroundings are not used in any imaginative ways and every effort to create a scary mood gets completely squashed. Blame the director? Well, I always do. Just think what a young John Carpenter or Tobe Hooper (when he did good things) could have managed with this flick.
Not every 80's slasher has something going for it. Hell Night is living proof of that.
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

filmofil

Re: Hell Night (1981)

Post by filmofil » 15 May 2010, 17:44

meni sasvim solidan film makar sam naletio na više negativnih nego pozitivnih kritika o njemu...cijela ta ideja da se provede noć u kući gdje se navodno nešto dogodilo kod mene uvijek pali
This is the Zodiac speaking.

Sammy

Post by Sammy » 15 May 2010, 17:59

ak se dobro sjecam jebe ga gluma i jedno 15-ak minuta je predug, ali ima i pozitivnih strana..nakaze, killovi :)
You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.

filmofil

Post by filmofil » 15 May 2010, 18:09

zaboravio sam reći da mi je zadnji kadar u filmu prelijep...baš poetičan nekako
This is the Zodiac speaking.

Wendigo

Post by Wendigo » 15 May 2010, 20:06

filmophil wrote:meni sasvim solidan film makar sam naletio na više negativnih nego pozitivnih kritika o njemu...cijela ta ideja da se provede noć u kući gdje se navodno nešto dogodilo kod mene uvijek pali
same here.
ovo bih mogao skinuti, sjećam ga se iz videoteke davnih dana, samo kaj ga nikada nisam posudio..

HorrorHR
Site Admin

Post by HorrorHR » 19 May 2010, 23:12

iZ GUUUUUUD :mrgreen:

remike2

Post by remike2 » 19 May 2010, 23:21

Dosad sam ovaj film ne znam zašto bezveze obilazio, no izgleda sasvim obećavajuće da bih ga skinuo i pogledao, plus Linda Blair iz Exorcista glumi te priča ne izgleda nimalo loše.
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

jeba

Post by jeba » 15 Jun 2010, 19:11

Uvjerljivo jedan od najboljih horora iz 80-ih. Andrew mi je ostao kao klincu duboko u sjećanju.

HorrorHR
Site Admin

Post by HorrorHR » 16 Nov 2017, 12:51

Blu-ray Disc:
NEW 4K Scan of the film taken from the best surviving archival print
NEW interviews with actors Linda Blair, Peter Barton, Vincent Van Patten, Suki Goodwin, Kevin Brophy and Jenny Neumann
Audio Commentary with Linda Blair, Tom DeSimone, Irwin Yablans and Bruce Cohn Curtis
Original Theatrical Trailer & TV spots

Blu-ray Disc Exclusives:
NEW interview with Director Tom DeSimone
NEW interview with Producer Bruce Cohn Curtis
NEW interview with Writer Randolph Feldman
NEW – Anatomy of the Death Scenes with Tom DeSimone, Randolph Feldman, Make-up artist Pam Peitzman, Art Director Steven G. Legler and Special Effects artist John Eggett
NEW – On Location at the Kimberly Crest House with Tom DeSimone
NEW – Gothic Design in Hell Night with Steven G. Legler
Original Radio spot
Photo Gallery featuring rare, never-before-seen stills

DVD Disc:
NEW 4K Scan of the film taken from the best surviving archival print
NEW interviews with actors Linda Blair, Peter Barton, Vincent Van Patten, Suki Goodwin, Kevin Brophy and Jenny Neumann
Audio Commentary with Linda Blair, Tom DeSimone, Irwin Yablans and Bruce Cohn Curtis
Original Theatrical Trailer & TV spots

Michel

Post by Michel » 16 Nov 2017, 22:37

Odlično izgleda. Najbolja Lindina uloga poslije E :supz:
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 30 Nov 2017, 20:58

Michel wrote:
16 Nov 2017, 22:37
Odlično izgleda. Najbolja Lindina uloga poslije E :supz:
Tako je :supz:
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -