Michel

The Monster (2016)

Post by Michel » 26 Mar 2017, 06:34

Imdb
Wiki

Director: Bryan Bertino
Writer: Bryan Bertino
Stars: Zoe Kazan, Ella Ballentine, Aaron Douglas

Kathy is the alcoholic and smoking addicted mother of the young, but mature teenager Lizzy. They live together since Kathy's husband Roy left her, and she neglects her daughter. Kathy is supposed to drive Lizzy to her father's home in the morning, but she sleeps until late afternoon and they have to travel during a rainy night. While driving through a lonely road through the woods, Kathy hits a wolf that breaks her car, leaving them stranded on the empty road. They call 911 and while waiting for the tow truck and an ambulance, the wolf disappears from the road. When the tow truck arrives, the mechanic Jesse tells that he needs to fix the axle and an oil leakage to tow her car. While repairing the vehicle, a monster attacks him but neither Kathy nor Lizzy note. When they seek Jesse out, they realize that they are not alone in the spot. Further, Kathy learns that monsters do exist. Will they be rescued on time?

"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"

Michel

2016. SPECIJAL

Post by Michel » 26 Mar 2017, 06:36

The Monster (2016) - jedan monster horor u kojem jedino što valja je izgled monstera. Zbilja je dobar. Crn ko ugljen, podsjeća na Carnagea iz Spidermana. Svidjela mi se i atmosfera i otuđenost od svijeta, ali sve ostalo salbo. Jednostavno me nije bilo briga za majku i kćer. Antipatični su i njihova priča mi je slaba.

8=====o/8==========o (5/10)

Ono što je zanimljivo da ga kritika hvali. Na rottenu ima visokih 78% dok na mdb-u nisku ocjenu od 5.3 ne sjećam se kad sam vidio zadnji put neki tkao novi horor sa niskom ocjenom na imdb-u, a visokom kod kritike. To mi je zanimljivo. Zbilja ne znam što vide u ovom filmu osim ako nisu frendovi sa redateljom. Monster je jedino što valja.
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"

boyko

Re: The Monster (2016)

Post by boyko » 30 Mar 2017, 22:41

prva polovica filma je sasvim oke ali su mi pokvarili dojam s drogom polovicom. ima malo previše glupih odluka glavnih likova i ono kaj je najveći problem, previše je dugih nepotrebnih scena imeđu majke i kčeri s kojima su ubili napetost.
moralo je ovo bolje ispast. 5/10
''Ne biste li radije da vas, kada umrete, pojedu vaši rođaci nego crvi?''

john_constantine

Re: The Monster (2016)

Post by john_constantine » 03 Apr 2017, 10:49

Meni loš film. Imam dojam da su majka i kći pobrkali dijaloge. A i antipatični su. Radnja je prespora i djeluje kao prerazvučena epizoda zone sumraka. Monster solidan, ali previše su se bavili dramom, a premalo hororom.
Michel puši karu.

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 06 Apr 2017, 18:23

Samo čudovište izgledom odlično, a sve ostalo loše...
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -