My Bloody Valentine Sequel

Mjesto za horore iz novog milenija.
A$H

My Bloody Valentine Sequel

Post by A$H » 05 Feb 2009, 11:02

The latest in the revival of ’80s slasher favorites, Patrick Lussier’s MY BLOODY VALENTINE, came, saw and whipped up a 3-D storm at cinemas. Somewhat inevitably, of course, this means that a part two is on the cards.

“Originally, I wrote a sequel to the original movie and submitted it to Lionsgate as MY BLOODY VALENTINE PART II,” veteran producer John Dunning—who produced the original 1981 stalk ’n’ slash classic with Andre Link and Stephen Miller and receives an executive-producer credit on the redux—tells Fango. “They still have my script, but it relates only to the story of the first film and not the new one. So I’ll be talking to the studio soon about using a few of the elements of my follow-up and, by changing parts of the storyline, adapting it into something that follows the new version.”

Dunning, who ran the now-iconic Cinepix genre machine with Link in the ’70s and ’80s (their credits also include David Cronenberg’s SHIVERS and RABID), notes some of the challenges facing a potential follow-up. “The problem is that if you do MY BLOODY VALENTINE PART 2, how many ways can you kill people with a pickax?” he laughs. “No one is going to come back and watch another nine or 10 people die like that, so it’s a question of coming up with a new concept. But the murders in my sequel are quite varied—there are just a couple of pickax deaths, and the rest are all very original and different.”

With the first VALENTINE now finally available uncut on DVD, Fango couldn’t help quizzing the producer about possible disc releases and reissues of some of Cinepix’s other vintage chillers. Sadly, however, the news is not so good. “Yes, we also suffered MPAA cuts with HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME,” he says of J. Lee Thompson’s 1981 psycho-shocker. “But Columbia [which issued a bare-bones BIRTHDAY disc in 2004] owns the picture and has shown no interest in revisiting it for a new, longer DVD, as Lionsgate just did with MY BLOODY VALENTINE. And as far as I know, there is no interest in a remake of HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME either.”
It's A Bird... It's A Plane... It's SUPERA$H!!

DEXTER

Post by DEXTER » 05 Feb 2009, 11:04

:roll:
[img]http://i34.tinypic.com/szd35x.png[/img]
[i][b]America's favorite serial killer.[/b][/i]

GreenHornet

Post by GreenHornet » 05 Feb 2009, 13:53

bome orginal bez beda ima marijala za sequel...
Zaljubljen sam u Fräulein Unbekann!!!!!

Scarface

Post by Scarface » 05 Feb 2009, 14:17

Ima i remake materijala za sequel, i to puno više nego original. Inače, ozbiljno vam govorin, original mi je jedan od top 5 slashera, ali remake ga je jednostavno po meni dobro prišiša, i kraj je puuuuno bolji. I Jensen je fenomenalan, a kad tek vidite kraj, prilično dobar twist.
I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law.

Unreal

Post by Unreal » 06 Feb 2009, 08:45

Orginal je ok,ali među top 5 slashera :? . Neznam,no meni taj film nije ni blizu dobar kao Nightmare on elm street,Halloween,Scream,Black Christmas,Friday the 13th,TCM,Behind the Mask i itd. Ja bi prije taj film stavio sa u rang s Prowler,The House on Sorority Row i Happy Birthday to Me(to su solidni slasheri). Remeak budem pogledao kao dođe u kina.

Scarface

Post by Scarface » 06 Feb 2009, 19:01

Unreal wrote:Orginal je ok,ali među top 5 slashera :? . Neznam,no meni taj film nije ni blizu dobar kao Nightmare on elm street,Halloween,Scream,Black Christmas,Friday the 13th,TCM,Behind the Mask i itd. Ja bi prije taj film stavio sa u rang s Prowler,The House on Sorority Row i Happy Birthday to Me(to su solidni slasheri). Remeak budem pogledao kao dođe u kina.

To je moje mišljenje, ne znači da je objektivno.
I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law.

Unreal

Post by Unreal » 06 Feb 2009, 21:40

Ghostface wrote:
Unreal wrote:Orginal je ok,ali među top 5 slashera :? . Neznam,no meni taj film nije ni blizu dobar kao Nightmare on elm street,Halloween,Scream,Black Christmas,Friday the 13th,TCM,Behind the Mask i itd. Ja bi prije taj film stavio sa u rang s Prowler,The House on Sorority Row i Happy Birthday to Me(to su solidni slasheri). Remeak budem pogledao kao dođe u kina.

To je moje mišljenje, ne znači da je objektivno.
ma nisam mislio samo na tebe,nego se sječam da je dosta ljudi govorilo da im je među 5 najboljih slashera :wink:

bakero

Post by bakero » 07 Feb 2009, 15:10

upravo skinio original.... nisam ga prije gleda nikako!
FREDDIE MERCURY GOD OF ROCK!!!
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeo.......alright.... Gone but not forgotten!
R.I.P.