The Thing Prequel

Mjesto za horore iz novog milenija.
A$H

The Thing Prequel

Post by A$H » 13 Sep 2008, 16:15

About two years ago, during my tenure at Fangoria, I had received word that Universal's remake of The Thing wasn't a remake at all but a prequel.

Prequel talks have resurfaced, this time over at Latino Review who spoke with producer Marc Abraham. He tells the site the new film's narrative will "be taking place in the same time frame" and feature "the events leading up to the 1982 film."

Abraham doesn't provide any status on where the project has been at since Ronald Moore was hired by Universal to write a script. Maybe we'll get another update in about two years...
It's A Bird... It's A Plane... It's SUPERA$H!!

Mairosu
Location: Ministarstvo za istrazivanje ruda i gubljenje vremena

Post by Mairosu » 13 Sep 2008, 19:37

"Nemojte ljudi k'o Boga vas molim !"
[i]Ako vidite duha, napijte se Pik piva do uha ![/i]

Aryx

Post by Aryx » 13 Sep 2008, 19:46

ajde barem nije remake :lol:
There is nothing on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=staa4QvuFRI&feature=related]ASOIAF[/url]

bakero

Post by bakero » 16 Sep 2008, 20:52

Aryx wrote:ajde barem nije remake :lol:
a i to što kažeš....samo da ne useru i ovo boga ti!
FREDDIE MERCURY GOD OF ROCK!!!
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeo.......alright.... Gone but not forgotten!
R.I.P.

jigsaw

Post by jigsaw » 17 Sep 2008, 13:40

bakero wrote:
a i to što kažeš....samo da ne useru i ovo boga ti!
Misliš da neće? :(

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 17 Sep 2008, 21:32

Ma, nema ništa od toga....

Ja sam pišem roman o prequelu Carpenterovog filma a radnja se događa u Norveškom kampu... 8)
Razrađena je priča i trenutno sam na 10% (najzahtjevniji projekt na kojem radim)... 8) 8)
Bilo bi dobro da se snimi film po mojoj knjizi, jer tako ću osigurati egzistenciju.. 8)
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

GreenHornet

Post by GreenHornet » 17 Sep 2008, 22:51

dr_gonzo wrote:

Bilo bi dobro da se snimi film po mojoj knjizi, jer tako ću osigurati egzistenciju.. 8)
duboko sumnjam
:lol: :lol:
Zaljubljen sam u Fräulein Unbekann!!!!!

jigsaw

Post by jigsaw » 18 Sep 2008, 15:15

dr_gonzo wrote:Ma, nema ništa od toga....

Ja sam pišem roman o prequelu Carpenterovog filma a radnja se događa u Norveškom kampu... 8)
Razrađena je priča i trenutno sam na 10% (najzahtjevniji projekt na kojem radim)... 8) 8)
:lol: na zadnju rečenicu.

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 18 Sep 2008, 17:37

A kad se danas pogleda što se sve snima i tko sve snima... Mogu :lol: barem živjeti u fantaziji :lol:
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

A$H

Post by A$H » 29 Jan 2009, 14:46

Director:
Matthijs Van Heijningen

PLOT - This is a prequel that takes place in the Norwegian camp that was shown in the 1982 film. The story will chronicle how the shape-shifting alien was first discovered and overcame the inhabitants of the camp.

It's A Bird... It's A Plane... It's SUPERA$H!!

Eat Your Brains

Post by Eat Your Brains » 29 Jan 2009, 17:40

Sanse da ovo ispadne dobro su miniskulne.
I like to eat things.

sandi

Post by sandi » 29 Jan 2009, 17:42

a jebemu...hoce onda barem biti 3D?!?! :lolcina:
Jebem skoro svaki dan...skoro jučer, skoro prekjučer...

horkolerbus

Post by horkolerbus » 29 Jan 2009, 22:13

a samo fali da ga srokaju na nisko budzetni film :!:
Istina postoji. Izmisljati se moze samo laz

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 30 Jan 2009, 01:08

It’s Official: ‘The Thing’ Prequel Is Coming

What has been rumor has been officially confirmed: Universal will indeed be adding a prequel chapter to John Carpenter’s 1982 psychological-horror classic, The Thing.

Many have questioned just what a prequel to The Thing would be about, and who would be in it. Now it looks as though some of those answers are starting to come to light.

Here’s a primer for those who haven’t had the privilege of seeing John Carpenter’s The Thing: It’s about a group of American scientists living on a remote Antarctic station, who discover that a shape-shifting, body-snatching alien has infiltrated their camp and assumed the identities of some of the men, turning friend against friend in a bloody battle for survival.

Carpenter’s film was a re-imagining of the 1951 Howard Hawks film, The Thing From Another World, which was itself a re-imagining of the 1938 short story by John W. Campbell Jr., “Who Goes There?” The Carpenter version became a cult-classic due to its freaky premise, crazy-gory F/X, as well as one hell of a strong performance from Kurt Russell in the lead role of R.J. MacReady.

The prequel, which is being written by Battlestar Galactica executive producer Ronald D. Moore, and helmed by former commercials director Matthijs Van Heijningen, is rumored to be set on a Norwegian camp in the Antarctic, and will chronicle how the Norwegian scientists first unearthed and then tried to eliminate the dreaded shape-shifting alien.

If you’ve seen Carpenter’s version of The Thing, you already know that this proposed plot for the prequel directly echoes the opening of Carpenter’s film, in which a helicopter with two Norwegian scientists inside are chasing a dog across the snowy terrain, until the helicopter crashes just outside the American camp, setting into motion the chilling events of that film. And although Carpenter’s film featured scenes of Kurt Russell’s character exploring the decimated Norwegian camp (see the pic above), it was never fully explained what horrors took place there… until now, it seems.

Ever since whispers of The Thing prequel first hit the rumor mill, sources like Bloody Disgusting have reported that Heijningen is pushing for the brother of R.J. MacReady to be the lead character in the prequel. This would be a BAD move, IMHO. We know that MacReady visited the Norwegian camp in the original film–wouldn’t he have had some kind of indication that his brother had been there? Or are the filmmakers trying to find a way to squeeze Russell himself into the prequel (as some people are speculating)?

The safest bet for this prequel, IMO, would be for it to focus solely on the Norwegian scientists and their (ultimately failed) battle against the alien. But that’s just me. What do you think, how should they plot The Thing prequel?

Source: Variety

- Charles Bukowski -

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 30 Jan 2009, 01:12

There’s Life In The Thing

It looks like The Thing remake/prequel is moving along in development with spell-check killing director Matthijs van Heijningen Jr apparently in negotiations to helm the film.

Not only that but we may see R.J. Macready’s (Kurt Russell) brother in the companion piece to the original. Odd, considering the storyline of the film.

According to Bloody Disgusting:

“In the screenplay by Ronald D. Moore, the prequel takes place from the Norwegian camps point of view. An American scientific expedition to the frozen wastes of the Antarctic is interrupted by a group of seemingly mad Norwegians pursuing and shooting a dog.

The helicopter pursuing the dog crashes leaving no explanation for the chase.

During the night, the dog mutates and attacks other dogs in the cage and members of the team investigate. The team soon realize that an alien life-form with the ability to take over bodies is on the loose and they don’t know who may already have been taken over.”

Now, if Mcready’s brother is in the film how does he end up in the Norewgian camp? Or has the script been rewritten and is this a ploy to try and get Kurt Russell to appear in the film? Russell could convincingly play an older brother to his character in the first film -and in my opinion this would be the only way to give this film any sort of merit as the original film still holds up today.

The Thing is the umpteenth remake of director John Carpenter’s back catalogue with Halloween, The Fog and Assault on Precinct 13 having under gone a facelift.

The Thing is being developed by Universal Pictures and Strike Entertainment (which is Watchman director Zack Snyder’s production company).

Check out Screen Rant for more news on The Thing when we get it.

Source: Bloody Disgusting

- Charles Bukowski -