The Last House on the Left (2008)

Mjesto za horore iz novog milenija.
HorrorHR
Site Admin

The Last House on the Left (2008)

Post by HorrorHR » 14 Dec 2007, 21:38

Rogue Pictures' Last House on the Left remake, begins shooting March 10 in Cape Town, South Africa. In addition to the synopsis and breakdown we learned that the screenplay was written by Mark Haslett, Adam Alleca and Carl Ellsworth for Dennis Iliadis to direct. Read on for all for everything and cross your fingers that this doesn't just turn into another muddy remake.
:shock: :lol: :oops: 8)
SYNOPSIS: John & Emma Collingwood are on vacation at their lakeshore house when, by a bizarre twist of fate, they give shelter to the sociopaths who have just assaulted and nearly killed their daughter. Upon discovering the truth, they exact a chilling revenge on her attackers...

BREAKDOWN:

[DR. JOHN COLLINGWOOD] 45, father of Mari and husband of Emma Collingwood. Overworked, and having recently lost a son, John agrees to take time off with his family at their lakefront Summer home. After offering both shelter and medical care to four stranded travelers (Krug, Justin, Sadie and Francis) John finds his daughter seriously wounded and struggling for life, then realizes his houseguests were the ones who assaulted and left her for dead. Cut off from help, John has to find the inner power to exact an equally brutal revenge on his daughter's attackers...LEAD (8)

[MARI COLLINGWOOD] 17-18, daughter of John and Emma Collingwood - a natural beauty, she's an expert swimmer with a tireless work ethic and a bright, lively nature. Still mourning her brother's death, Mari reluctantly accompanies her parents to their vacation house, an isolated lakefront house filled with difficult memories. While visiting her childhood friend Paige, the two girls fall into the clutches of three deadly criminals: Krug, Sadie and Francis. Mari is raped by Krug, and is then shot while attempting to escape. Barely alive, she manages to make it back home, only to realize her murderous kidnappers are "guests" in her parents' house... LEAD (6) PLEASE SUBMIT 18 (OR EMANCIPATED) TO PLAY YOUNGER.

[EMMA COLLINGWOOD] 41, confident, strong and very attractive, she's a determined woman still recovering from the shock of her son's death. Intent on recapturing her family's happiness via a trip to their lake house, Emma faces her worst nightmare upon discovering that the people her and husband, John Collingwood, gave shelter to had earlier that day assaulted and nearly killed their daughter Mari. Forced to fight for her family's survival, Emma proves to be a surprisingly ferocious enemy... LEAD (7)

[KRUG] Early 30s, a handsome, charismatic man with hard features and a heart of stone - Krug's a ruthless sociopath on the lam after a prison escape that left two cops dead in its wake. Intent on going into hiding as quickly as possible, Krug stops to pick up his teenage son Justin, only to find him with two young girls who must now be disposed of. Partnered with Sadie and Francis - Krug kills Paige, then rapes Mari Collingwood and shoots her, leaving her for dead. Charming his way into John and Emma Collingwood's house during a storm, Krug's clueless they're Mari's parents, and that they're about to stage their own revenge... LEAD (1)

[SADIE] 20ish, a sadistic beauty, Sadie is Krug's lover and twisted surrogate mother to his son Justin. Sadie busts Krug out of a prison transport van (with the maximum possible loss of life) but is afterward conflicted as to whether or not Justin's teenage friends Paige and Mari need to be eliminated. Initially kind to the girls, Sadie turns vicious when she's targeted in their desperate attempt to escape. Later, after being given refuge in the Collingwood's guest-house, the tables are turned, with Mari's parents intent on her destruction and Sadie finding herself desperate to survive... LEAD (4)

[JUSTIN] 15 (18 to play younger), the darkly innocent son of Krug who considers him a weak-willed disappointment. In fact, he's a normal, ethical kid horrified by his father and his murderous entourage. When Justin strikes up conversation with Mari and Paige, he exposes them to his fugitive father, inadvertently getting one killed - the other attacked and left for dead. Terrified of Krug but determined to do the right thing, Justin ultimately finds it within himself to help the Collingwoods survive their encounter with his lethal father... LEAD (22) PLEASE SUBMIT 18 (OR EMANCIPATED) TO PLAY YOUNGER.

[FRANCIS] Early 30s, Krug's brother, Francis is a street smart sociopath, an eager-to-please wing-man who breaks Krug out, then goes on the run with him and Sadie. He's unpredictably violent. Overshadowed by his brother's charisma, he's desperate to impress. Francis bites off more than he can chew when he tries to assault Emma Collingwood, facing a dauntless woman with brutal vengeance on her mind...LEAD (4)

[PAIGE] 17 (18 to play younger), a gorgeous hell-raiser who always speaks her mind, Paige works at the resort town's ice cream parlor. Childhood friends, Paige and Mari have a history of getting into trouble together - years later, Paige hasn't changed a bit. Shutting up shop to smoke dope with Justin, Paige winds up trapped (along with Mari) when Krug arrives - and realizes she's scheduled to be his next victim. A fighter who never gives up, Paige fights for her life to the very end...LEAD (18) PLEASE SUBMIT 18 (OR EMANCIPATED) TO PLAY YOUNGER.

john_constantine

Post by john_constantine » 14 Dec 2007, 21:43

ma original je ionako zbilja precijenjen, par efektnih scena kao izbijanje zuba djetlom ili scena odgrizanja kurca, a inače poluproizvod kontroverzan za ono vrijeme sa hrpom glupih scena kao ona završnica s motornom pilom.

SPOILER

A i ne vidim baš svrhu toga da bi majka išla pušiti silovatelju i onda odgrizla penis, pa ga bacila u vodu, hm... Znam da je očajna jer su joj ubili kćer, ali opet...

Ma Wes craven je imao ideje, ali lošu realizaciju.
Michel puši karu.

HorrorHR
Site Admin

Post by HorrorHR » 14 Dec 2007, 21:50

john_constantine wrote:ma original je ionako zbilja precijenjen, par efektnih scena kao izbijanje zuba djetlom ili scena odgrizanja kurca, a inače poluproizvod kontroverzan za ono vrijeme sa hrpom glupih scena kao ona završnica s motornom pilom.
Nije baš precijenjen kada se gleda kada je snimljen i kakve stvari je doneo na ekran koje nisu baš bile "in". Sa druge strane, meni je još nekako draži bio Left copycat sa istim glavnim glumcem "House on the Edge of the Park"...

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 14 Dec 2007, 23:21

HorrorHR wrote:
john_constantine wrote:ma original je ionako zbilja precijenjen, par efektnih scena kao izbijanje zuba djetlom ili scena odgrizanja kurca, a inače poluproizvod kontroverzan za ono vrijeme sa hrpom glupih scena kao ona završnica s motornom pilom.
Nije baš precijenjen kada se gleda kada je snimljen i kakve stvari je doneo na ekran koje nisu baš bile "in". Sa druge strane, meni je još nekako draži bio Left copycat sa istim glavnim glumcem "House on the Edge of the Park"...
Slažem se sa ovim crvenim...dobro rečeno 8)
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

dodo

Post by dodo » 15 Dec 2007, 00:19

odličan film iz sedamdesetih još se i sječam nekih scena recimo kad stari lovi okolo sa motornom pilom ma film je genijalan a remake baš nebi rekao da če biti nešto jer je Craven rekao da neče biti brutalan nego da če se bazirat više na priči ali ko zna možda i iznenadi

dodo

Post by dodo » 15 Dec 2007, 00:29

Evo i
DETAILS

- It's said that filming is aimed to begin sometime in early 2008.
- French directors David Moreau and Xavier Palud were originally "in talks" to direct the film.
- Said to have a more "realistic tone" than the original.
- Wes Craven said that he doesn't want this remake to be as brutal as the original was, and instead wants it to be more story-driven.
- Produced by Wes Craven, Marianne Maddalena, and Sean S. Cunningham, whom also produced the original.
- Based on a draft by Mark Haslett, which was re-written by Adam Alleca.

Vorador

Post by Vorador » 15 Dec 2007, 13:48

Jedan od najglupljih filmova što sam gledao. Smeće zadnje.

dodo

Post by dodo » 15 Dec 2007, 13:55

Vorador wrote:Jedan od najglupljih filmova što sam gledao. Smeće zadnje.
Neznam koliko imaš godina ali mi ipak malo stariji volimo i cjenimo takve filmove.A to je i prvi uradak od Cravena.

john_constantine

Post by john_constantine » 15 Dec 2007, 14:06

dodo wrote:
Neznam koliko imaš godina ali mi ipak malo stariji volimo i cjenimo takve filmove.A to je i prvi uradak od Cravena.
ma nema to veze za godinama, već slobodom mišljenja. :wink: Pa i ja se slažem s njim da je film glup, dobar u ono vrijeme, za današnje standarde previše naivan.
Michel puši karu.

maddjuro

Post by maddjuro » 15 Dec 2007, 14:07

i ja sam taj film nabavio samo jer sam čuo da je dosta kontroverzan, istina u ono vrjeme vjerojatno i je bio, al film sam po sebi i nije nešto
I may be an idiot, but i am no fool.

Vorador

Post by Vorador » 15 Dec 2007, 14:08

dodo wrote:
I... ?! Film je svejedno sranje a Craven mi je jedan od najgorih redatelja ( izuzetak: A Nightmare on Elm Street)
I kakve veze ima koliko imam godina? Svatko ima pravo na svoje mišljenje bez obzira na godine. Ma koliko ti to bilo mrsko moraš to prihvatiti.

Unreal

Post by Unreal » 15 Dec 2007, 14:08

dodo wrote:
Ma kaj je toliko važno koliko čovjek ima godina i Vorador je spominja da voli crno-bjele i stare filmve poput Nosferatu iz 1922. No ne voli baš Wes Cravenove filmove po njemu je Scream smeče i još pol toga od njega je po njemu smeče(no to je njegov ukus i mora se poštivati :wink: )
BTW ovaj film nisam gledao,ali jednom hoču :D

Vorador

Post by Vorador » 15 Dec 2007, 14:10

john_constantine wrote:
dodo wrote:
ma nema to veze za godinama, već slobodom mišljenja. :wink: Pa i ja se slažem s njim da je film glup, dobar u ono vrijeme, za današnje standarde previše naivan.
naivan, loša gluma,loše režija, loša montaža, loš zvuk, nelogičan...loš...

bakero

Post by bakero » 15 Dec 2007, 14:12

original je ok al nije mi ništa posebno!
FREDDIE MERCURY GOD OF ROCK!!!
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeo.......alright.... Gone but not forgotten!
R.I.P.

dodo

Post by dodo » 15 Dec 2007, 14:12

john_constantine wrote:
dodo wrote:
Ja ipak mislim da ima veze sa godinama jer da je malo stariji onda bi možda i poštivao takve uratke evo ti si barem rekao da je dobar bio u ono vrijeme što znači da si sigurno koju godinicu stariji pa malo to drugačije sagledaš normalno da je to stvar slobodnog mišljejna.Dobro možda i ja pretjerujem to s godinama ali nebi rekao da je smeče pa me to malo dira.