Re: FILM4 FrightFest 2010 London - HorrorHR coverage

Post by Deimos » 05 Sep 2010, 09:15

HorrorHR wrote:Foto: Redatelj i glumci iz filma Hatchet II

Ostale solo fotke na: http://www.horrorhr.com/foto-redatelj-i ... atchet-ii/

ti si lijevi ili desni? :D

Scarface

Post by Scarface » 06 Sep 2010, 11:50

Evo taman mi je stiga katalog s autogramom ka i Ashu. :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: Još jednom neizmjerno fala na ovome, HorrorHr!!! :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz:
I think human consciousness, is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware, nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself, we are creatures that should not exist by natural law.

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 06 Sep 2010, 20:01

Ghostface wrote:Evo taman mi je stiga katalog s autogramom ka i Ashu. :prayer: :prayer: :prayer: Još jednom neizmjerno fala na ovome, HorrorHr!!! :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz: :supz:

Također je i meni danas stigao, dignuh ga prije točno 20 minuta sa pošte.
Thanks Horror...sutra će se imati što dobroga čitati na poslu uz kavu :wink:
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

dragonheart

Post by dragonheart » 07 Sep 2010, 13:54

Baš bi mogao netko od vas skenirat to i puknut na net da i mi obični smrtnici mal bacimo pogled :) !!!
It's not who I am underneath...

...but what I do that defines me.

http://dragonheart.blog.hr/

HorrorHR
Site Admin

Post by HorrorHR » 07 Sep 2010, 16:52

WELCOME to the latest FrightFest newsletter, the first of two this month. Even though the big event is over there is still heaps going on at Team FrightFest HQ. As well as wrapping up the 2010 edition of the festival, we are busily preparing the next issue of the FrightFest E-Zine, out on the 17th, and of course, the highly anticipated October all-nighter. More on this later in the month.

If you haven't seen them, all five daily FrightFest podcasts are currently available on the front page of the FrightFest web site.

IT WAS A BLAST Probably like you, I’ve just about recovered from the Film4 FrightFest this year. Every August Bank Holiday seems to come by so rapidly now, then it’s a five-day blur, and before you know it the closing movie is playing and it’s all over. And you look around at everybody just as dazed and elated as you are and say, what happened? A few of the things that happened this year I could have well done without, like the whole A SERBIAN FILM censorship issue and the impossible situation that put us in. Just as well director Srdjan Spasojevic is such a lovely guy and wasn’t too fazed by the nightmare scenario. I will treasure the moment he came up to me and said my impassioned speech over why we refused to play it in such a bowdlerized form – 49 cuts amounting to 3 minutes 48 seconds, really! – brought a tear to his eye. It made me realise that FrightFest is such a big event we can now no longer avoid scrutiny from government departments who didn’t even know we existed until our tenth anniversary.

I have to say I couldn’t have been more delighted with the responses to MONSTERS, PRIMAL, THE LOVED ONES, F, DREAM HOME and I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE (told you so about the latter, one of the Best Remakes Ever in my opinion). Almost standing ovation time. Many got the subtle delights of THE DEAD, RED, WHITE A BLUE and BEDEVILLED too, so further hoorays there. I’m always amazed by how eclectic opinion is; one letter I was sent from an audience member told me how much she loved CHRISTOPHER ROTH. Another citing BURNING BRIGHT as a highlight. Now those of you in line for the latter tiger-on-the-loose thriller know how amazed I was seeing you all fighting for tickets. Don’t get me wrong I love the movie, the reason why it was programmed in the first place, but it was DVD imminent. And weren’t the Stormtrooper Garrison great ushering the audience into the FANBOYS screenings? It was really funny seeing all you closet STAR WARS fans begging for photo opportunities and happily kneeling on the floor as guns were put to your heads.

We bang on about it every year, but this year more than most, the FrightFest community spirit was in evidence to an unprecedented degree. I spoke to more of you than ever before, and was amazed by how far some had come to be part of what is now a must-attend date on the international calendar. Finland, Croatia, Italy, America, Germany, France, Turkey, Spain, Portugal and a whole lot more countries were in evidence and all of you sparked to the warmth, friendliness and comfortable inclusive feeling the FrightFest brigade have in spades. Adam Green, our patron saint and director of our opening night attraction HATCHET II, said it best on the first night, “Film4 FrightFest is more than a film festival”. And you know something, it really is.

My own personal highlight once more underscores how important FrightFest has become in terms of providing a vital launching pad for UK distributors’ upcoming releases. Until I programmed AMER in the Discovery Screen, the first time we’ve ever repeated a former FrightFest Glasgow choice, I doubt whether Anchor Bay were truly aware of what a little gem they had on their hands. Now you all know what a giallo bore I am – I only have to say the title MY VICE IS A LOCKED ROOM AND ONLY YOU HAVE THE KEY to cause the hairs on the back of my neck to tingle - and how much I adore the AMER co-directing duo of Helene Cattet and Bruno Forzani. I couldn’t have been more thrilled by the reception to both sold out performances and, despite talking all over them in rampant Italian influenced enthusiasm during the lively Q&As, I know Helene and Bruno were delighted too.

Even more so because in one audience was an exhibitor for a major UK cinema chain who absolutely loved it and has decided to give this marvellous miniature a theatrical release. Anchor Bay tell me they’ve been overwhelmed by the positive reaction from fans and the industry alike and this has impacted on Helene and Bruno’s next project THE STRANGE COLOUR OF YOUR BODY’S TEARS (tingling again!). That’s the power of FrightFest today and it will become an increasingly important factor in the future. To all FrightFesters, distributors, sales agents, directors, producers, stars and the Empire staff who made FrightFest 2010 the mega occasion it was, we love you, we salute you, and we’ll see you again next year.

Alan Jones