Tony DeZuniga R. I. P.

Diskusija o knjigama, stripovima, amaterskim radovima horror, sci-fi i bliske tematike.
dr_gonzo

Tony DeZuniga R. I. P.

Post by dr_gonzo » 31 May 2012, 03:16

Tony DeZuniga
(November 8, 1932 – May 11, 2012)

- was a Filipino comics artist and illustrator best known for his works for DC Comics, who co-created the fictional character, Jonah Hex and Black Orchid with John Albano.

- DeZuniga was the first Filipino comic book artist whose work was accepted by American publishers, paving the way for many other Filipino artists to do break into the international comic book industry.

In April 2012, DeZuniga suffered a life-threatening stroke. Doctors were able to save him, but numerous complications quickly arose. Both the Philippine and international comics community made an effort to raise funds for his treatment. During Free Comic Book Day on May 5, 2012, Filipino comic book artists banded together and launched a sketch drive, t-shirt sale and auction to help raise funds.

On May 11, 2012, at 1:25 a.m., DeZuniga died from the stroke having led to his subsequent brain damage and heart failure.

- Jonah Hex co-creator
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -

dr_gonzo

Post by dr_gonzo » 31 May 2012, 03:26

Jedini koji je mogao nadmašiti Chana je upravo DeZuniga kad su radili tuš na olovci legende Johna Busceme...

Najbolje epizode "Children of Jhebbal-Sag" i "Beyond Black River"...Dezuniga je bio idealan za prikaz starijeg Konana (onog u ranim 40-tima)
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
"The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don`t have to waste your time voting. "

- Charles Bukowski -