Preacher

Diskusija o knjigama, stripovima, amaterskim radovima horror, sci-fi i bliske tematike.
john_constantine

Post by john_constantine » 14 Nov 2006, 09:27

He, ponovno sam pročitao strip po drugi put. Jednostavno je zarazan, prejeben i genijalan.
Michel puši karu.

HorrorHR
Site Admin

Post by HorrorHR » 30 Nov 2006, 00:07

Nešto vijesti što će vas zaimati:

Preacher - Comic book based series on HBO

HBO is currently developing a one hour series based on the Vertigo comic series Preacher. Mark Steven Johnson (Daredevil, Ghost Rider) is writing the pilot.

Preacher is about a down-and-out Texas preacher possessed by Genesis, a supernatural entity conceived by the unnatural coupling of an angel and a demon. Given immense powers, the preacher teamed with an old girlfriend and a hard-drinking Irish vampire and set out on a journey across America to find God - who apparently had abandoned his duties in heaven - and hold him accountable for his negligence.

john_constantine

Post by john_constantine » 30 Nov 2006, 10:10

no, to je stara vijest. Već sam dugo čuo da su planirali snimiti film, ali nije bilo ništa od toga... Ionako mi je splasnulo oduševljenje nakon tolikih loših ekranizacija stripova kao constantine. Ovo im bar neće biti problem pošto je nabijeno akcijom, samo je pitanje koliko će ići daleko u ekstremnim scenama.

Aryx

Post by Aryx » 30 Nov 2006, 10:28

hmm izgleda da bi mogao dati sansu preacheru i pogledat to malo ... ipak berserk ftw :D
There is nothing on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=staa4QvuFRI&feature=related]ASOIAF[/url]

HorrorHR
Site Admin

Post by HorrorHR » 04 Dec 2006, 17:30

još novosti:

Mark Steven Johnson, who has just signed a deal with HBO to adapt the popular Vertigo comic Preacher into an hour-long series, told SCI FI Wire that he plans to turn each issue of the comic into a single episode, which will be as close to the original source material as possible. "I gave [HBO] the comics, and I said, 'Every issue is an hour,'" Johnson said at a preview of his upcoming film Ghost Rider in Hollywood, Calif., on Nov. 30. "And it's exactly the book. ... I had my meeting yesterday, and [Preacher creator] Garth Ennis is on the phone, and we're all in the room, and Garth is like, 'You don't have to be so beholden to the comic.' And I'm like, 'No, no, no. It's got to be like the comic.' So that's what's so brilliant about it. It's just like, HBO, who else would do it but them? Nobody. ... HBO is just like, 'Bring it on.'"

Johnson is no stranger to comic-book adaptations, having written and directed Daredevil and Ghost Rider, both based on Marvel comics characters. In the case of Preacher, however, he felt that a feature film would not do the story justice. "Well, Preacher is 70-something issues," he said. "There was going to be a movie made of Preacher a while ago, and I read the script, and it broke my heart. Because I'm like, 'Oh, it's not a two-hour movie. Preacher's six years—six dedicated years of the most incredible stuff you've ever seen in your whole life. So I always thought HBO was the only way to do that."

Preacher centers on a Texas holy man named Jesse Custer, who is possessed by a supernatural entity that is half angel and half demon. Given immense powers, Jesse sets out on a journey to find God—who has fled from heaven—and hold him accountable for his actions.

"He can do whatever he wants with that power," Johnson said. "And instead he says, 'You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to find God. And I'm going to make him pay. I want God to answer for everything he's done to people.' I think that's really honorable. ... God gets scared, and he leaves heaven because Jesse's so powerful. Jesse says, 'You know what? I'm going to find God. And I don't care how long it takes. And I want to make God give an answer to everybody and say why you've deserted your people. It's honorable."

Although the deal was just finalized this week, Johnson said he isn't wasting any time getting to work on the script. "I had my meeting yesterday, so I've go to get writing. ... Right now. Literally, when I get home."

Aryx

Post by Aryx » 10 Dec 2006, 16:05

Upravo procitao preachera ok je strip 8/10 , ali nekako mi je ipak Berserk bolji ... :twisted:

john_constantine

Post by john_constantine » 10 Dec 2006, 18:41

sada pokušaj nabaviti i the league of extradionary gentlemen za koji ću uskoro otvoriti topic.
A i nemožeš uspoređivati mangu i američki strip. :axe: Pri kraj gubi onu žestinu, ali je prejeben strip. A tek završetak, scena s bogom.

Vorador

Post by Vorador » 10 Dec 2006, 21:19

john_constantine wrote:sada pokušaj nabaviti i the league of extradionary gentlemen za koji ću uskoro otvoriti topic.
A i nemožeš uspoređivati mangu i američki strip. :axe: Pri kraj gubi onu žestinu, ali je prejeben strip. A tek završetak, scena s bogom.

Odličan strip. Btw kad izlazi treći trejd?

john_constantine

Post by john_constantine » 10 Dec 2006, 21:31

Ne znam ništa, i ja nestrpljivo očekujem novi nastavak. Ali pitanje je da li će ga biti. To tada se zabavi drugim mooreovim radovima kao from hell ili v for vendetta, a niti swamp thing nije za odbaciti.

Aryx

Post by Aryx » 10 Dec 2006, 21:45

nvm 8)
Last edited by Aryx on 10 Dec 2006, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.

Vorador

Post by Vorador » 10 Dec 2006, 23:28

john_constantine wrote:Ne znam ništa, i ja nestrpljivo očekujem novi nastavak. Ali pitanje je da li će ga biti. To tada se zabavi drugim mooreovim radovima kao from hell ili v for vendetta, a niti swamp thing nije za odbaciti.
Čitao. V je odličan a From Hell remek djelo. Imam još i Watchmane i Batman The Killing Joke - isto zakon. Volio bih još pročitati i The Ballad of Halo Jones od njega. To nikako da nabavim.

Aryx

Post by Aryx » 11 Dec 2006, 01:51

From hell ? to o jack ripperu ? da li je prica kao i iz filma ili ? ... tj da li je film po stripu... imas koji strip preporuciti da je ono ultra violent zabavan ... ono nesto sick :D :lol: :lol:

john_constantine

Post by john_constantine » 11 Dec 2006, 09:56

Aryx wrote:From hell ? to o jack ripperu ? da li je prica kao i iz filma ili ? ... tj da li je film po stripu... imas koji strip preporuciti da je ono ultra violent zabavan ... ono nesto sick :D :lol: :lol:
Pokušaj pronaći Judge Dredd, prejeben strip. :D

Vorador

Post by Vorador » 11 Dec 2006, 12:08

Aryx wrote:From hell ? to o jack ripperu ? da li je prica kao i iz filma ili ? ... tj da li je film po stripu... imas koji strip preporuciti da je ono ultra violent zabavan ... ono nesto sick :D :lol: :lol:
Jes. Film je adaptacija stripa. Prilično je izmjenjena ali moram priznati da prije no što sam pogledao film nisam ni znao da postoji strip.

Vorador

Post by Vorador » 11 Dec 2006, 12:11

Pa upravo gorespomenuti The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Vol. 2 bi ti mogao pasati a od mangi ako nisi još Blade of the Immortal obavezno. Samo što se stalno nastavlja a ja skupio tek prvih 9 knjiga od 15 mislim i to pred 2 godine.