Randolph Carter kicks Cthulhu's ass

Diskusija o knjigama, stripovima, amaterskim radovima horror, sci-fi i bliske tematike.
Deimos

Randolph Carter kicks Cthulhu's ass

Post by Deimos » 27 May 2008, 22:10

Ko je Randolph Carter?

- ak to ne znate sramite se. Pa jedini čovjek u lovecraftovom svijetu koji se suprostavio moćnom Nyalarhotepu i preživio da priča o tome. On je međudimenzionalni putnik, čija mašta stvara gradove kojima čak i bogovi zavide.

Kaj je napravio u stvari?

- pa sje*o je nyalrathotepa, koji ga je mislio poslati u bezdan, našao je grad iz snova koji je sam izmaštao, prevagnuo snage u jednoj dimenziji, te rješio problem prostor-vremena

Ima kakve prijatelje?

- naravno, i to dosta. mačke iz ulthara ga obožavaju, ghoulovi iz podzemlja mu se klanjaju a night gauntovi lete kak je njemu volja.

I kaj sad radi?

- pa vjerojatno se pokušava vratiti u ljudski oblik (mada ne znam zašto) pošto je zapeo u tijelu E.T.-a čija je rasa izumrijela prije dosta godina.

Najveće dostignuće?

- razbijenje granice prostor - vremena

just me

Re: Randolph Carter kicks Cthulhu's ass

Post by just me » 29 May 2008, 08:49

Deimos wrote:Ko je Randolph Carter?

- ak to ne znate sramite se. Pa jedini čovjek u lovecraftovom svijetu koji se suprostavio moćnom Nyalarhotepu i preživio da priča o tome. On je međudimenzionalni putnik, čija mašta stvara gradove kojima čak i bogovi zavide.

Kaj je napravio u stvari?

- pa sje*o je nyalrathotepa, koji ga je mislio poslati u bezdan, našao je grad iz snova koji je sam izmaštao, prevagnuo snage u jednoj dimenziji, te rješio problem prostor-vremena

Ima kakve prijatelje?

- naravno, i to dosta. mačke iz ulthara ga obožavaju, ghoulovi iz podzemlja mu se klanjaju a night gauntovi lete kak je njemu volja.

I kaj sad radi?

- pa vjerojatno se pokušava vratiti u ljudski oblik (mada ne znam zašto) pošto je zapeo u tijelu E.T.-a čija je rasa izumrijela prije dosta godina.

Najveće dostignuće?

- razbijenje granice prostor - vremena
Zašto su mi onda svi pozaspali na projekciji The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath, a na Dagonu su bili itekako živahne?
I have no name, because the cats do not need names to tell each other apart.

Deimos

Post by Deimos » 29 May 2008, 17:29

zato jer nemaju pojma. dream quest mi je najbolja novela

just me

Post by just me » 26 Dec 2008, 12:30

Deimos, možda će te zanimati:
From this interesting letter presented by Mr. Richardson, it is obvious that Lovecraft was familiar with Burroughs' works and ERB was possibly one of his main literary influences. One could surmise that Lovecraft would be greatly impressed by the Pellucidar stories that appeared in All-Story. They seem like a likely source of inspiration for one of his favourite themes: that man was not the first intelligent ruler of this planet, and is not likely to retain his position of dominance in the future. Lovecraft consistently confronts his human characters with alien races more powerful and more intelligent than man, emphasizing the inferiority of the human race. Many of the recurring elements he used are similar to the elements used in Burroughs' works -- especially those from the Pellucidar tales: the reptile race, subterranean tunnels, the earth's interior with its eternal day, ancient cities, prehistoric creatures, superior "Old Ones" -- a winged web-footed, scholarly race -- who control "Soggoths" and use men as cattle (At the Mountains of Madness 1931). There are numerous other clues and coincidences scattered across HRL's body of work: Randolph Carter who experiences an out-of-body experience while in a mystical cave (The Silver Key, 1926), an English nobleman who discovers that his ancestor was of a hybrid race resulting from the matings of apes with inhabitants of the last surviving city of a prehistoric white civilization in Africa (Arthure Jermyn, 1920), pterodactyls, advanced earth drilling machines, limestone caverns, subterranean worlds and a multitude of fantasy worlds. The master of fantasy adventure and grandfather of American science fiction -- Edgar Rice Burroughs -- was indeed a major influence on popular culture for most of the last century... and his legacy carries on into the new Millennium
I have no name, because the cats do not need names to tell each other apart.

Deimos

Post by Deimos » 29 Dec 2008, 11:53

just me wrote:Deimos, možda će te zanimati:
From this interesting letter presented by Mr. Richardson, it is obvious that Lovecraft was familiar with Burroughs' works and ERB was possibly one of his main literary influences. One could surmise that Lovecraft would be greatly impressed by the Pellucidar stories that appeared in All-Story. They seem like a likely source of inspiration for one of his favourite themes: that man was not the first intelligent ruler of this planet, and is not likely to retain his position of dominance in the future. Lovecraft consistently confronts his human characters with alien races more powerful and more intelligent than man, emphasizing the inferiority of the human race. Many of the recurring elements he used are similar to the elements used in Burroughs' works -- especially those from the Pellucidar tales: the reptile race, subterranean tunnels, the earth's interior with its eternal day, ancient cities, prehistoric creatures, superior "Old Ones" -- a winged web-footed, scholarly race -- who control "Soggoths" and use men as cattle (At the Mountains of Madness 1931). There are numerous other clues and coincidences scattered across HRL's body of work: Randolph Carter who experiences an out-of-body experience while in a mystical cave (The Silver Key, 1926), an English nobleman who discovers that his ancestor was of a hybrid race resulting from the matings of apes with inhabitants of the last surviving city of a prehistoric white civilization in Africa (Arthure Jermyn, 1920), pterodactyls, advanced earth drilling machines, limestone caverns, subterranean worlds and a multitude of fantasy worlds. The master of fantasy adventure and grandfather of American science fiction -- Edgar Rice Burroughs -- was indeed a major influence on popular culture for most of the last century... and his legacy carries on into the new Millennium
pa zanima me, ali čim više čitam o HPL-u, tim se više vadi uzora i prethodnika. Svaka njemu čast, ali sumnjam da je čovjek baš tolko toga pročitao i vukao inspiraciju iz drugih priča. Zašto se recimo ljudi ne bave tolko Stokerom i Drakulom? Čim čuješ priča o vampirima, i još ako je dobra, spominje se Stoker. Isto je tako sa pričama o duhovima, kojih ima pred kraj 19 st. mali milion, tak da se više ni ne zna ko je komu uzor, već se uglavnom spominje Shirley Jackson.

a malo više on-topic; Randolph Carter je ustvari alter-ego HPL-a, pa ga je, naravno, on uzdigao na najveći tron među ljudima. ko je čital zna da se RC susreo i sa Nyalarthotepom i preživio njegovu zamku, da se može prebaciti u bilo koje vrijeme u bilo kojoj dimenziji, jedino kaj zadnji put kad čitamo o njemu, malo je zapeo