New Hybrid BluRay DVD Disc Coming

Sve o industriji, VHS, DVD, filmovi iz kućne radinosti itd.
A$H

New Hybrid BluRay DVD Disc Coming

Post by A$H » 04 Jan 2009, 02:32

Now this is the future in my view. Japanese disc manufacturer INFINITY has announced the first ever BluRay hybrid. What this means is a DVD and BluRay that is all on one disc. What it means is studios can put their films out on one disc and be supported by both DVD and BluRay.

The disc has one BluRay layer and two DVD layers although I am not exactly clear on why it has two DVD layers on the disc. My guess is so studios can release two versions of the film on one disc.

With this new Hybrid disc studios will now have the ability to put out a single disc rather then doing separate bluray and dvd releases which SHOULD bring down BluRay pricing. The reason I say this is if you are running one line for all your films and we all know that DVD sales are much higher then BluRay then the cost should come down. The argument right now for BluRay being so expensive is its limited market share.

Of course studios will have to consider the cost of the new Hybrid disc when deciding to switch to it but if INFINITY is smart and wants a huge market share right off the bat they should consider pricing it right. The potential here is huge and it will open the BluRay market up very quickly. Infinity, the studios and yes even movie goers will win if this new disc is as good as it is billed.

Right now BluRay is far to expensive and is the main reason that I steer clear of most BluRay titles. That said without question films like WallE and Dark Knight must be seen on BluRay to really appreciate them. According to Electronista the new hybrid format has been tested with good success on most major players.
It's A Bird... It's A Plane... It's SUPERA$H!!

Decadentor

Post by Decadentor » 04 Jan 2009, 03:53

Da nisu japanci u pitanju zacudio bi se

A$H

Post by A$H » 04 Jan 2009, 03:55

pa bilo bi ovo fora..svi sretni..lol.. :lol:
It's A Bird... It's A Plane... It's SUPERA$H!!

Decadentor

Post by Decadentor » 04 Jan 2009, 04:13

Ako bude nesto bit ce samo par godina (ko one VCR+DVD fore) samo neka prijelazna faza do blu-ray-a