John Carpenter Directing Prison Flick

Sve o industriji, VHS, DVD, filmovi iz kućne radinosti itd.
A$H

John Carpenter Directing Prison Flick

Post by A$H » 02 Aug 2008, 12:07

John Carpenter is a legendary director having created some of the most memorable films of all time. Halloween, The Thing, Escape From New York, The Fog and that is just the tip of the iceberg. Unfortunately he hasn't directed a feature film since Ghosts on Mars which was considered very disappointing by most of his fans. Since then he has done a lot of TV like Masters of Horror and Fear Itself so he has been gathering rust. Which is good to know for todays announcement from THR.

Carpenter and Nicolas Cage are in final negotiations to team up for the prison thriller Scared Straight. "Straight" follows a troubled youth who's sent to prison off the Scared Straight crime-prevention program, which imprisons delinquent teens for a short period in the hopes of deterring them from a life of crime. While the teen is there, a riot breaks out and the prisoners take him hostage. A lifer, played by Cage, is forced to help the young man out.

Now even though this isn't one of Carpenter's horror films I am still very interested to see how this develops. I think that maybe the only director that can make Cage come out of this huge hole he has dug for himself is Carpenter. This is actually just the kind of material I would see Carpenter going after if it wasn't horror related. Maybe we can also hope for a special cameo for Kurt Russell?
It's A Bird... It's A Plane... It's SUPERA$H!!

bakero

Re: John Carpenter Directing Prison Flick

Post by bakero » 02 Aug 2008, 15:22

zanimljivo...vrime bi bilo da se Carpenter vrati u stilu...još kad bi uz Cage uskočio i legendarni Kurt...ah :D
FREDDIE MERCURY GOD OF ROCK!!!
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeo.......alright.... Gone but not forgotten!
R.I.P.